PDA

View Full Version : TPTK fold to this turn raise?

Roger Mainfield
04-30-2007, 03:25 AM
Villian is 38/3/1.75 . I checked this flop to try and get him to put some money into it, as I felt he would play fairly perfectly against me if I bet out. Once he raises on the turn, I feel as if i'm praying that he has a flush draw or maybe KQ KJ, but I don't see any other way to extract. I don't think that the argument that i've under repped my hand works here, because the villian cannot be trusted to think that deep. Any suggestions on my though process?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($3.90)
Button ($4)
Hero ($10.55)
BB ($6.45)
UTG ($11.65)
MP ($10.85)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.45</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.95) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $0.3</font>, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.55) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.65</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $3.2 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $2.55.

River: ($7.95) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $7.95

KEW
04-30-2007, 03:55 AM
Lead the flop..Turn bet is too weak bet $1.25-$1.55...Your hand is under repped here...Villain has no reason to think you have anything...

Villain has only 40BBs...He need more then this to get me off of this hand...Tough situations happens when hands are misplayed or under bet on early streets...

juggler97531
04-30-2007, 05:48 AM
preflop is fine.
with pot 1$, and only 3.5$ behind you can consider your hand the nuts on the flop.
Bet the flop, there are like thousands hand that you beat, that will call you, and turn can bring scare card that can either beat you or scare the opponent.
As played i call the raise and muck it when he shows 68.

Edit: As to your thinking process. It is wrong - if you bet he will not play perfectly against you. He will incorrectly call a close-to-potbet here with:
Any pair including: 88, J7, A5, 22 (i am not joking)
Any draw including: any two spades, 86, 64 (these hands are in his range - trust me:) )
Some random hand: Q3s (if he thinks you may be bluffing).

The biggest mistake your opponents make are that they call too many hands preflop and then call too many bets(and on 10$NL you can assume that unless proven otherwise). Reason you don't cbet every flop and take it down is because if you cbet flop people will never fold a pair or a draw(and often will be correct doing so). If you have strong hand that beats large part of his range - value bet it relentlessly and don't get fancy.

stonescar
04-30-2007, 05:54 AM
I hate your reasoning for checking this flop.
If your opponent plays "perfectly" every time you bet flop, you're probably not cbetting enough. I would bet this flop with ATC, so I definately bet when I hit.

When he calls your cbet (=you earning money) bet close to pot again on the turn.

You've played this hand SUPER WEAK, so villain doesn't have to think on a very deep level to see the opportunity to steal here. Considering you played the hand so weak and the fact that he's a shortstack, I call.

Roger Mainfield
04-30-2007, 05:38 PM
Ya it's the next day and I definatly messed up this hand. About your C-bet comment, I raise 13% of the time pre, and c-bet 52% of the time, +5% raises on the flop, is this not enough? The villian here had 95s and had me beat the whole way. What this hand got me thinking about is that I got all my money in on the flop as a loser. And yet I don't see anyway to get around it. I am 2-1 to win before the flop, but I got in only .45$ as a favorite, I get in .3$ at a tie, and then 3.2$ at 6-1.

And I don't find 10nl players play anywhere near where you describe, I have 50K hands at 50NL, and 100NL before the ban, and 10NL is WAY harder than those levels were. I make money off raising pre and then c-betting, where I pick up a lot of pots, as I find people weak/tight, but top pair type hands make me very little money.