PDA

View Full Version : 25nl: AA OOP

Goodnews
04-30-2007, 02:14 AM
I am hoping this is standard. Villain is a rock.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($8.14)
Hero ($60.30)
UTG ($8.48)
Button ($41.81)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, Button calls $0.25, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, UTG folds, Button calls $1.75, SB folds.

Flop: ($4.50) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.75</font>, Button calls $3.75.

Turn: ($12) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, Button calls $8.

River: ($28) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $16</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $28 all-in</font>, Hero calls $12.

Final Pot: $84

I am not liking my river bet, but to be honest I had not clue what to do there.

Opinions on all streets welcome.

KEW
04-30-2007, 02:25 AM
Seems pretty standard to me...If villain was aggro you could check the river to induce a bluff from a missed draw..

What kinda of range do you put a "rock" on that limps OTB and then calls an 8XBB raise...I ask because that does not sound like a "rock" to me...

Goodnews
04-30-2007, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems pretty standard to me...If villain was aggro you could check the river to induce a bluff from a missed draw..

What kinda of range do you put a "rock" on that limps OTB and then calls an 8XBB raise...I ask because that does not sound like a "rock" to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

That is why this hand was so difficult for me to play. The best I could but him on is a suited connector and possibly a small pair. But when the hand began to play out (I actually expected to take it down preflop), there was just a question mark hovering over my head.

As for inducing a bluff, do you plan on check calling here? I don't really see any possible holding he could have that is on a busted draw and if he called flop and turn, he either has a strong holding that would bet the river if checked to (one that beats or doesn't beat me) or a marginal holding that is not going to be bet on the river. I am not seeing the value in the check behind here, perhaps its so that you have the closing action and thus can end the betting?

Nutstylin
04-30-2007, 02:57 AM
I can't see that you have done anything wrong here. There are so few hands that beat you, so you can't really play this any different. Its extremely hard to put this opponent on a boat, unless he is the sort of passive rock that limps on the button with TT/KK etc. Occasionally you might run into a rogue 3, but again, if u view him as a tight player, it is very unlikely.

So yep, standard.

fingersmith
04-30-2007, 10:21 AM
I agree, I think betting the river is better than checking because otherwise you lose tons of value against hands that wanted a cheap showdown or missed a draw. nh.

South Pole
04-30-2007, 10:49 AM
So tell me already what did he have?

Scottery
04-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Sometimes i like a CR on the turn, but with clubs out there i think you played it fine.. sucks if he has a 3.

Scott.

jmgambler
04-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Given your read, the only thing thats beating you is TT.... I might have checked the river and called... it always bothers me when players just call bets on every street...otherwise it looks fine....

ispiked
04-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Is he really re-raising river this with AK? I guess this seems likely given the board (because he probably doesn't put you on AA). I would say that he's slowplaying a boat here, but like others have said, it's sort of hard to put him on KK or TT since he limped button.

RMLewis
04-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Of the hands that beat you, i find it hard to believe he would be holding them. It's too hard to put him on a trips given your read and your 8xbb raise pf. Also, KK and 1010 are unlikely b/c of his limp. Who knows, maybe he just decided to gamble and call your huge raise with A3 or something dumb like that...

As for your river play, i like to bet here because you get extra value from K10, and you'd get a call from AK... perhaps even A10.

RMLewis
04-30-2007, 02:07 PM
changed my mind... not A10

jezmond
05-01-2007, 07:12 AM
?? What kind of "rock" is this? If he's such a "rock" why do you think you have him beat? /images/graemlins/confused.gif TT played somewhat passively surely.

poon
05-01-2007, 07:26 AM
I dont think that rivers a bluff but im not folding with thouse pot odds. I also bet about the same on the river. I think he never has a 3 here unless he has 33, TT is a possiablity here. Only way i play this slow is if i have stats that say hes like 5/5/.5. In that case i'd put him on TT or 33 after he smoothcalled 2 bets.