PDA

View Full Version : pre flop play??

jordiepop
04-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
Hero: $57.45
UTG+1: $48.25
CO: $26
Button: $93.55
SB: $72.55
BB: $8.15

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $7</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, CO calls.

0evg0
04-29-2007, 09:27 PM
fine

jmgambler
04-29-2007, 09:42 PM
I am tending to fold here, with SB raising OOP generally means a Very strong hand... if the flop is Rags as 66% of the time it will be you have no "bluff" ability so your Cbet is out the window.
spiking your your A or K might well be your doom.
lastly, what is he RR with that we beat here?..AQ?

0evg0
04-29-2007, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am tending to fold here, with SB raising OOP generally means a Very strong hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, this made me lol

SirFelixCat
04-29-2007, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am tending to fold here, with SB raising OOP generally means a Very strong hand... if the flop is Rags as 66% of the time it will be you have no "bluff" ability so your Cbet is out the window.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. You could call or you could fold. You're UTG, so unless SB is a monkey maniac, he has to give you credit for a hand raising from UTG. That said, you're hoping to flop an A or a K, but understand that if you call here, you're probably playing for stacks with 1 pr...and hoping your TPTK is good.

Like I said, mucking is ok and calling is ok. Depends whether you want to invite variance over for a spot of tea /images/graemlins/wink.gif

matrix
04-29-2007, 09:48 PM
folding would suck.

You have the 3rd nuts (almost) have position on the SB and often the CO folds.

If you call and CO re-raises - then it's a fold but not until then - depending on your read of the CO pushing might be a good idea if you are sure he'll fold if you push and SB is unlikely to call with TT JJ - or IS likely to call with AQ AJs KQs etc.

jmgambler
04-29-2007, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. You could call or you could fold. You're UTG, so unless SB is a monkey maniac, he has to give you credit for a hand raising from UTG. That said, you're hoping to flop an A or a K, but understand that if you call here, you're probably playing for stacks with 1 pr...and hoping your TPTK is good.

Like I said, mucking is ok and calling is ok. Depends whether you want to invite variance over for a spot of tea /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear you, maybe I'm a wuss? I just dont see that its a snap-calll *shrugs*

jmgambler
04-29-2007, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am tending to fold here, with SB raising OOP generally means a Very strong hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, this made me lol

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, with your post count (I am assuming most of them are not Quasi/ridicule/flame posts?) you might offer some good advice ... Like Sir Felix..........

Keys Myaths
04-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Okay, no reads, this is most likely AQs+, AK, TT-AA.

Great.

Now, an ace or a king flops. Hooray! Except for AQs, name me one hand that pays you off here that doesn't have you crushed.

Your implied odds blow here, unless you have a read on villain.

Acein8ter
04-29-2007, 10:00 PM
I say you just have to worry about 2 hands here, AA &amp; KK. He could be raising like that w/QQ here...

SirFelixCat
04-29-2007, 10:13 PM
The point here is that, you are in position. That's huge.

But, let's play this out:

OP calls, flop comes 962r. SB bets pot. We sigh and muck.

or

OP calls, flop comes K82r. SB bets pot. We're playing for stacks. Either we're WA/WB and won't know til we commit ourselves.

Both suck. But like I said, either or. I don't think folding is horrible...as I previously stated.

SirFelixCat
04-29-2007, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I say you just have to worry about 2 hands here, AA &amp; KK. He could be raising like that w/QQ here...

[/ QUOTE ]

The question isn't this cut and dried, imo. Ok, so he has QQ or KK...flop comes Axx. Are we usually going to get paid off here? Probably not. Again, against a monkey, sure, but not a somewhat thinking villain....

czGLoRy
04-29-2007, 10:21 PM
if hes a maniac, I would repop him (or if he is a big squeeezer) otherwise, LP TP etc players arent RR from SB with worse than AK. You wont win bi g if you hit your TPTK, and its going to be slightly ahead or way behind the entire way, playing for a big pot. Fold to tight, repop maniac imo.

SkeetyMcdoogle
04-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Folding here is really bad and very exploitable I think. Do you guys really fold every time youre 3-bet OOP unles you have AA or KK?

I agree it's not the most desirable spot, but hopefully you have been agressive enough with your c-betting that when the flop does come Axx our villian cant lay down QQ, etc.

DO NOT give NL50 players credit for "seeing an UTG raise" and taking that into account... 90% of NL50 players take into account their two hole cards and thats it.

Just my .02

holland3r
04-29-2007, 11:29 PM
Is shoving so bad? Assuming SB isn't a nit...

.xxxx.
04-29-2007, 11:47 PM
calling &gt; RR/shoving &gt; folding

CO has the type of stack that I'd like to get AK in against and SB is RR'ing with a range dependent on his stats, which I'm guessing is pretty tight at 50nl making it seem like more of a call.