PDA

View Full Version : AA meets resistance on paired flop

wotttttttttt
04-29-2007, 07:48 PM
.01/.02
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($5.65)
Button ($3.28)
SB ($4.09)
Hero ($3.16)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.02, Button calls $0.02, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.14</font>, UTG folds, Button calls $0.12, SB folds.

Flop: ($0.32) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.26</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.52</font>, Hero calls $0.26.

Turn: ($1.36) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $0.4</font>, Hero calls $0.40.

River: ($2.16) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $0.98</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3.14
Teach me to stop slaughtering hands please.

Villain is a fish but a cardrack and hitting draws, running well.
I should be calling river but I feel c/c 2 streets won't work well against much I beat. Maybe I should bet/call flop, bet/fold turn?
If he calls turn, c/c river?

barryc83
04-29-2007, 07:51 PM
Im at least calling down here. I probably repop to $1.5 on the flop and call if he shoves. If he calls my raise on the flop, Id just shove the turn.

jmgambler
04-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Is 7x the BB raise standard at this limit?....... anyway this man has Jx/images/graemlins/heart.gif's.

I do not know If I could fold here?.... is a player who has a T raising you here or on the turn?

Then the pissy turn bet and a less than half pot bet on mthe river ......... I call sorry..Only one hand that is beating you Tx IMHO.

My point is if you called the turn, why fold the river to the pissy bet?

wotttttttttt
04-29-2007, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im at least calling down here. I probably repop to $1.5 on the flop and call if he shoves. If he calls my raise on the flop, Id just shove the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
even at these stakes most reasonable villains won't stack off with one pair, especially when there are hands that easily beat them ie flop is paired.

Most players at 2NL are nits and the best way to beat them is raise them, and then cbet the flop and they fold their k2o

wotttttttttt
04-29-2007, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is 7x the BB raise standard at this limit?....... anyway this man has Jx/images/graemlins/heart.gif's.

I do not know If I could fold here?.... is a player who has a T raising you here or on the turn?

Then the pissy turn bet and a less than half pot bet on mthe river ......... I call sorry..Only one hand that is beating you Tx IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm 175 BB deep against loose donkeys and I have a premium pair. Anyways, 7xBB is standard here because its 4BB+1/limper.

What I've found and these limits is that villains drastically underbet their made hands because they want to make sure you fold, but weak bets do not signify weak hands.

barryc83
04-29-2007, 08:29 PM
I'll admit that I've never play 5nl. I play 50nl and I will stack off here against an unknown. He could easily have a small pp and put you on AK. I look to get it in on the flop bc hes not folding 88 here.

jmgambler
04-29-2007, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm 175 BB deep against loose donkeys and I have a premium pair. Anyways, 7xBB is standard here because its 4BB+1/limper.

What I've found and these limits is that villains drastically underbet their made hands because they want to make sure you fold, but weak bets do not signify weak hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, yes forgot the limpers....... raising the turn is not a bad line.

My point is I dont get why you would call the turn to fold the river with a relatively small bet