PDA

View Full Version : 25NL Suited boards are fun

ship_it_trebek
04-29-2007, 07:29 PM
On the river...any bet I make is essentially a bluff as I am not being called by anything that I beat....but how often does villain only have a heart here? I just sat down at the table and have limited reads..

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $3.30
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $23.75</font>
UTG: $29
BTN: $25.30

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif (4 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.85</font>, BTN calls $0.85, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.25</font>, UTG calls $2.40, BTN folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($7.45) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6.25</font>, UTG calls $6.25

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($19.95) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, UTG checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($19.95) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)

matrix
04-29-2007, 07:34 PM
you have no reads and an unknown player from EP opens a standardish amount.

3betting here with TT is insane just call.

I really don't understand the 3betting preflop fad that is infesting micro stake NL.

as played c/f river - imo you NEED READS to make any kind of c/c or valuebet here and you don't have any.

SirFelixCat
04-29-2007, 07:34 PM
Personally, I am not a big fan of 3-betting TT here vs an unknown UTG raiser. I tend to give UTG a little more credit, but to each their own...I don't think it's terrible, just difference in style I guess.

I like the CB on the flop, but once you're called, the ONLY hand you're possibly ahead of now is AK or AQ. That said, I see zero value once your flop bet is called.

I suppose you could put a blocker bet out there on the end, but you have to expect to lose this hand over 80% of the time though...you said it correctly, if you're called, your beaten. That's why I'm probably checking the river.

jmgambler
04-29-2007, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I really don't understand the 3betting preflop fad that is infesting micro stake NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know...... I have been back at this forum after a layoff, and was wondering this myself, to the point of wondering if just calling raises with QQ/JJ/TT/99 was/is just plain wrong

Jer672
04-29-2007, 07:45 PM
Its only 4 handed guys...UTG raiser is also a cut-off raiser so if it was me I wouldnt look too deep into that. I don't mind the reraise and i like the c-bet but im c/f the river without any reads. You are only going to get called by a better hand...

kaz2107
04-29-2007, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

as played c/f river - imo you NEED READS to make any kind of c/c or valuebet here and you don't have any.

[/ QUOTE ]
cuz villians play gawd awfull in 3bet pots. thus it is good to get in more of them. altho i like gettin in them havin position. i dont see why 3betting preflop is bad in a 4 handed game. altho i guess if u cant play them well it is obv not good. river is an easy check. give up that hand asap after he calls flop bet and another over card hits. he is deffinatly not foldin a hand that beats u and not callin with n e thing worse. thus folding is correct

Suaimhnea
04-29-2007, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain how 3-betting with TT in that spot is insane. I think I vary between calling and raising, but its certainly not insane.

Jer672
04-29-2007, 08:29 PM
4 handed I three-bet this 90% of the time probably. If this was a full table with an EP raiser then I would def argue that a smooth call is best...just not this shorthanded.

paulw
04-29-2007, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Explain how 3-betting with TT in that spot is insane. I think I vary between calling and raising, but its certainly not insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

No reads, playing the rest of the hand OOP in a pot which is going to be pretty big. Insane is pretty strong but I don't like it personally especially without a read.