PDA

View Full Version : 50NL --> flush draw + pair

Marb2k
04-29-2007, 06:37 PM
This was about my 10th hand of the table, so no real reads. How did i play this hand? I opened shoved the turn because i beleived i still had enough fold equity.

Should i have bet less on the flop to increase my fold equity on turn?

Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $48.50</font>
BB: $43.10
UTG: $49
MP: $42.35
CO: $20
BTN: $30.05

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, MP folds, CO checks, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.50</font>, Hero calls $1.25, BB calls $1, UTG calls $1, CO calls $1

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($7.50) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $3.50</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $11</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $7.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($29.50) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $36</font>, UTG calls $36

Pot Size: $101.50

Xanta
04-29-2007, 06:58 PM
Fold preflop, but this is an interesting flop spot that has some good concepts behind it so lets go beyond that.

Here's the deal. On the flop, you are first to act, the preflop raiser is last to act, and there are 3 guys in between you. You flop a fantastic hand on a board that you're definitely going to get a bit of action on 5 way. As such, I would lead out on the flop, get a caller or two inbetween you and the PFR, and pray that the button raises so that you can shove. The reason why this line is &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; to a check raise is that it allows you to get allin on the flop and avoid awkward turn spots like you ran into, and more importantly it will trap a lot of dead money in the pot which you love. I bet/3bet AI on the flop.

jmgambler
04-29-2007, 07:07 PM
mmmmmmm I don't like the turn shove, Maybe I am weak *shrugs* but I am tempted to call the UTG bet and check the turn and call a smallish bet.

I say this, as assuming UTG has a good Ace, I really only count the /images/graemlins/diamond.gif's as outs the K could be a counterfeit....

SirFelixCat
04-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Fold preflop UNLESS you are playing it strictly for something other than TP kinda hands (flush, straight, 2 pr etc).

Otherwise, with that many players in, personally, I'm betting this, hoping and praying 1 or 2 call and PFR raises so that we can trap all that dead money in there and POOOOOSH! This is a perfect spot for that line, imo. Think about it and I'm curious as to your take on this, OP.

That said, as played on the flop, I agree that the push is the best play as you do have reasonable FE, imo. But I do think the bet/3-bet, hoping to get some of the others money in there is the ideal line....