PDA

View Full Version : 50NL Two Pair Any Good?

Pirelli
04-29-2007, 08:37 AM
No stats on villain but the table has been playing loose/passive and most are bad players. Based on his UTG limp I don't think it's unreasonable to think he fits the loose/passive mold.

SB - $65.39
BB (Hero) - $66.39
UTG - $55.68
MP - $49.33
CO - $105.21
Button - $46.81

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG calls $0.50, MP folds, CO folds, Button calls $0.50, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.75) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 Players)
Hero bets $1.50, UTG calls $1.50, Button calls $1.50.

Turn: ($6.25) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif(2 Players)
Hero bets $5.50, UTG calls $5.50, Button folds.

River: ($17.25) A/images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero checks, UTG bets $15, Hero....

My thought process throughout the hand was that I had top pair in a limped pot so lead out to test the waters/for value.

After being called in 2 spots I was going to c/f the turn unless I improved. Top 2 on the turn so I lead out for value and to knock out one of my opponents/protect my hand.

River is the one of the worst cards for my hand and now i'm beaten by A7, A5, A3, 24, 8c6c. The first 3 especially A7 I feel account for a lot of villains range but I'd be interested to see what you guys think his range is. I don't know if he would do this with 75/53 but I don't have any reason to rule it out. Of course i'm still behind all the sets and 64 if he decided to slowplay them.

Any comments you have would be good.

Pirelli

stonescar
04-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Tough spot...

I think I would make a block bet on the river and fold to a raise. If you bet $10 I don't think he can raise you with a weaker holding, and you get value from Ax or a random pair - I think your hand is worth $10 more.

As played I'm really unsure about the river. He could so easily have two pair with Ax or a stupid flush or something. I think it's a fold, but then again you DID induce the bet. Any stats on the guy?

poon
04-29-2007, 11:20 AM
the turn call is kinda scary, I like the blocking bet stonescar suggested. My first thought was to call as played but i think rivers a fold as i am clueless to what hand you beat here.

ungar2000
04-29-2007, 11:36 AM
call as played imo, your holding probably looks quite weak to him, and he is reping Ax, or even value betting A6...
Block bet of 10ish would have helped

Pirelli
04-29-2007, 08:42 PM
I folded, but a blocking bet definitely would have been the best play. I probably folded the best hand, but at the time I didn't see what I could beat against a thinking player.

The problem is that at 50NL average villains have no idea how strong I have to be to bet the turn in that situation so they will overplay their one pair hands on the river, as such I should have realised this and called.

ship_it_trebek
04-29-2007, 08:50 PM
imo if you take your line you have to either call this river or put out a blocking bet

good bet on the turn do you think A7 is still calling that large of a bet on the turn however?

0evg0
04-29-2007, 08:57 PM
bet/folding river is really tricky here without a read because 88 type stuff so rarely calls river here

so check/call here

as played, i'm folding to this $15 like never

jmgambler
04-29-2007, 09:21 PM
Tough spot.......... But I think 77/55/33 is a real possibility here considering the UTG limp.

The thing is a hand your beating like AK/AJ/AT would have raised PF.... I would fold and hate it

Acein8ter
04-29-2007, 10:15 PM
UTG could have hit 2 pair w/A3, A5? If he had A7, he probably would have bet the flop?

There is a 3 flush board, so he may have gotten lucky and hit it???

Everyone limps into the pot so it's hard to put him on a hand. You can probably rule out AQ because he would have raised PF with it.

I'd probably call here as he could have hit something like A9o...

If may want to try a block bet on the river next time... Something like ~7 to try and get him to call for a cheap showdown.