PDA

View Full Version : JJ getting donkbet on K high flop, always fold ?

04-29-2007, 07:37 AM
I hate these spots. No stats on villain. This is always just a fold ?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($53.50)
Hero ($48)
MP ($53.30)
Button ($76.35)
SB ($39)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls $1.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($4.50) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $3.5</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $8

JadeRedstone
04-29-2007, 07:42 AM
What is Donkbet?

But yeah, so little invested and its going to cost a lot to find out if he is on a draw, a weak K or what.. I fold it most days

04-29-2007, 07:49 AM
donkbet = betting into the pf raiser (not always wrong to do this tho)

Pirelli
04-29-2007, 08:52 AM
I think your hand still has value. I call and fold to a 2nd barrel on the turn. If he checks a blank turn I bet it for a free showdown and don't put any more money in.

stonescar
04-29-2007, 09:17 AM
This is one of those situations where reads really help. I always like to take notes of how they play different kind of hands on the flop.

He could have a weak K, a mid pair like 98 or 99, or a draw. Considering there's not a lot of chance of getting him to fold a weaker hand - if he's bad enough to flatcall a weak K from sb, he's not folding it - I don't hate just giving up on the flop here.

If he keeps donkbetting into me on later occasions, I'll pick a spot and take a stand. If you get the feeling he's donkbetting weak hands, I don't mind just calling down, to let him continue to bet his weaker holdings.

sww
04-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Without reads I fold this without hesitation. I think small donkbets mean usually marginal hands but this big is most often a solid hand.

candyman718
04-29-2007, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Without reads I fold this without hesitation. I think small donkbets mean usually marginal hands but this big is most often a solid hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. A smaller bet would make me think he is on a draw and making a blocking bet. A bet of this size tells me he hit his King and is trying to prevent YOU from drawing out on HIM.

0evg0
04-29-2007, 10:41 PM
first of all, ALWAYS anything is terrible.

second of all, if you usually fold here, you're missing out on tons of money.

and you do understand that if this was against a good player, this is usually a poor fold, right?

C4LL4W4Y
04-29-2007, 10:47 PM
raise that [censored] up.

0evg0
04-29-2007, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
raise that [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is roughly 1 million times worse than folding

C4LL4W4Y
04-29-2007, 10:52 PM
whatever man, i usually don't tolerate donkbets.

candyman718
04-29-2007, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
first of all, ALWAYS anything is terrible.

second of all, if you usually fold here, you're missing out on tons of money.

and you do understand that if this was against a good player, this is usually a poor fold, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't given any reads on villain. Against certain players I would pick spots like this to make an occassional stand. But, all other things being equal, I am folding here more than calling or raising.

0evg0
04-29-2007, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm guessing you don't tolerate money much either

Xanta
04-29-2007, 11:08 PM
0evg0's being an ass but he's right (again). Villain's either doing the with air, a made hand or a draw (given the flop texture). Your hand isn't a monster but it does have nice showdown equity especially against that range. I call here and re-evaluate the turn, not putting much more in if the turn completes obvious draws.

ajml
04-29-2007, 11:09 PM
0evg0- obviously you are a very good 50 NL player... however, what you are doing in these threads is pretty close to trolling. everyone that remotely cares knows that you are doing well at 50 NL, this is the micro-stakes forum so many people myself included are not great players and trying to develop a basis on how to play. if you are going to make comments such as LOL RAISING IS TERRIBLE or basically call people idiots for their advice dont even bother. if you want to take 2 sentences and explain your reasoning you could probably help a lot of people out

Xanta
04-29-2007, 11:10 PM
^^^^^^

I agree. If you're gonna post strat then post strat.

C4LL4W4Y
04-29-2007, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm guessing you don't tolerate money much either

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah you're right, I'm just drunk (from a hockey game which was awesome) and didn't bother examing the texture. I like raising if the flop isn't so drawy. A call is right here.