PDA

View Full Version : NL50 6MAX - Turn semibluff, profitable?

trukpoker
04-29-2007, 07:01 AM
Villian is 17/11/0/0/3 over 200 hands. I put him on a small pocket pair or maybe a weak ten. In either case i would have 16 outs, ( 4 twos, 3jacks, 3 aces, 6clubs). if i just make a normal raise at turn he can call believing he has best hand, however checking here he can also check giving me free look at river or if he bets i can make a strong semi bluff raise with alot of outs. I have spoken about this to alot of my friends and they believe it is a spew.

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="#0">Hero raises to $2</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, 3 folds.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif ($6.75, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks.

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/club.gif ($6.75, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#0">CO bets $3</font>, <font color="#0">Hero raises to $8.5</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls.

Pirelli
04-29-2007, 08:59 AM
I don't like the way the entire hand was played. It looks like you're trying to push him off his hand. You wouldn't play any decent hand this way in a multiway pot. I think it's very transparent and I much prefer calling his bet and taking the excellent odds he's giving you.

If you were in position, different story and I definitely like it in that situation if you checked the flop then he lead into you on the turn.

stonescar
04-29-2007, 09:46 AM
I cbet this flop every day. It's pretty dry and you have two overcards vs 2 opponents. You also raised UTG, so you should keep representing a big hand (AA-TT). I might check here vs 3 players.

When he bets weak on the turn, I just call. You have excellent odds to your flush+gutshot+overcards, there is really NO point in making a move in this small pot when you are getting odds, and you're oop.

A better way to play this would be to cbet flop, and then 2nd barrel the turn if called in one spot. This turn is great as a 2nd barrel-semi bluff, and you keep representing a big pair.

EDIT:
Another thing to remember, as Pirelli noted, your play doesn't look like any big hand at all. When you semibluff you have to be able to represent a hand and it should look credible. In this spot I can't really see them giving you much credit.