PDA

View Full Version : $25NL 6-max: AA 3-bet all in on flop

paulw
04-29-2007, 05:52 AM
Hi all,
I guess hands like these get posted a fair bit, I searched around for similar threads but there wasn't to much responses in them... I'll post the hand and then my thoughts, interested to hear comments on my thought processes / if you would call/fold and why.

Villan is 30/6 over ~100 hands, Flop AF of 3.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($74.95)
SB ($42.71)
BB ($15.15)
UTG ($74.51)
Hero ($30.75)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, Button calls $1, SB calls $0.90, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($3.25) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5.5</font>, Button calls $74.95 (All-In), SB folds, Hero...

Basically if SB had called I was folding, so now I have a decision to make. When villan has got involved in a big pot he usually has some sort of made hand, but can sometimes not be the nuts (i.e. he earlier won a huge pot with 2 pair on drawy board). I really struggled to put him on a set, im not sure why you would just shove like that with a set, but it's possible with the cold call pre-flop action I suppose? Obvious hands also are KK-QQ, I thought also a flush draw was a possibility but I hold the A:spades: so not sure how likely this is.
I'm also getting 1.5:1 or so, so I think this has to be a draw or KK-QQ a big % of the time for a call.

Is a call marginal here given the odds and likely holdings, or do people find a fold?
Thanks all

HasPair
04-29-2007, 05:57 AM
I guess it's somekind of a combodraw or maybe a set. I really don't mind folding here.

edit: Hmm.. I thought about it little more. I would prolly call this, but like I said, I don't mind if somebody want to lay it down.

Genz
04-29-2007, 06:11 AM
Argh. Tough spot. How have you been playing prior to this hand? Is there any chance that he is trying to bully you with his big stack because you have stolen pots from people? I usually tend to call this kind of raise because you often see horrific hands that are played like this and I can absolutely see that villain puts you on AK here and tries to take it away from you. He doesn't seem to be into preflop raising very much so I can really believe that he has a smaller pair here. I think I call this.

paulw
04-29-2007, 06:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Argh. Tough spot. How have you been playing prior to this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't really been getting out of line at all. I've open raised from button/CO with a variety of hands but definitely not enough for him to think I'm just stealing with nothing. He has cold called these raises a few times and folded mostly to my c-bets. I think the chances of a straight out bluff here from this villan based on previous hands is very low, he definitely seems happy enough to lay down a hand when he has nothing in the face of some aggression. I tend to agree with you with regards to him having a smaller pair, but definitely thought TT/66 was in his range here. IMO the odds being offered makes calling this very marginal but not sure if I'm being to nitty and folding this on this board.

paulw
04-29-2007, 07:34 PM
Anymore thoughts on this one or is it pretty standard?

jmgambler
04-29-2007, 07:45 PM
Tough Tough...... I just cant see a TT/66/55 playing it like this........ but its such a massive overbet, could be JJ/QQ but KK is reraising PF, IMO .. 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif is good here too...

I honestly don't know what I would do? the AF3 makes me lean towards a call ... but its a toughie.... like to see what other s have said