PDA

View Full Version : 50nl FTP line check

jiacstrap
04-28-2007, 07:45 PM
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1044067

I had a monster flop, ended up getting lucky in the end but the call is not my question. I knew he had an overpair and I wanted to see at least the turn for as cheap as possible but everything I have been taught tells me to raise this flop. If I just call it doesn't give him a chance to re-raise. I feel sometimes giving a player a chance to re-raise is wrong, even though raising as a semi-bluff is profitable in most situations. I don't think it is profitable with such a strong drawing hand on this board when an overpair is possible. I had no stats on the player, should I have pushed after his re-raise on the flop? Or just called? I know the turn call was incorrect. I had a tight image at this table but that didn't matter being he was only there for 2-3 hands prior.

jiacstrap
04-28-2007, 07:52 PM
I think the right move here is a push on the flop after his re-raise to 12, im 45% to win vs. any overpair and I believe he usually folds here unless holding a 10.

bigscore
04-28-2007, 07:52 PM
is this really a monster flop?

ocdscale
04-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Hardly a monster flop.
If it were T99 with a flush draw, that would be monster.

jiacstrap
04-28-2007, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hardly a monster flop.
If it were T99 with a flush draw, that would be monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not think it was until pokerhand.com told me this hand is 45% to win against QQ on the flop. Still trying to figure that one out...