PDA

View Full Version : 25NL - big draw vs. possible maniac, deep-stacked

chumofchance
04-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Hey everyone, here's a weird hand that came up the other day. Villain is UTG. Over 200 or so hands I have him running around 31/18/2. He's a big donk, at least in my limited experience. I've seen him make some pretty terrible plays while chasing straight draws, probably doesn't understand position, etc.

I typically run around 18/14/3. Also, notice that we're both fairly deep.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $24
BB: $6.25
<u>UTG: $55.10</u>
MP: $29.75
<u>Hero (CO): $62.25</u>
BTN: $25.65

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Jhttp://legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $1, 3 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.35) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $2.35</font>, <font color="red">Hero ???</font>

Preflop: What do people think about flat-calling his UTG raise with AJo? Against typical players I'd 3bet here (I 3bet a fair amount, but AJ is probably the weakest ace I'd repop with), but this guy is a bit of a maniac. I think a lot of villains would call my 3bet and then quietly fold to a cbet on the flop, but this guy is a little too call-happy. I decided to play a little passively and just see a flop.

Flop: Villain instantly bet pot. Any thoughts on what he might do this with? (I'll post my own after I get some unbiased opinions)

Now, depending on what range you put him on, how would you proceed?

jmgambler
04-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Any thoughts on what he might do this with?.... AK/AQ , this could be just a standard Cbet *shrugs*

You are in position, I am tempted to call here... but a 4th/images/graemlins/heart.gif is gonna kill the action anyway... I am loathe to raise though as at the mo virtually everything has you beat and with this marginal holding I dont mind keeping the pot small

doppelganger
04-28-2007, 05:48 PM
The only made flush hands he could be reasonably raising w/ UTG are KQs and QJs, so I think we can pretty heavily discount the possibility of a made flush. Other than that, you're only really behind 33,99, and TT, which are also a very small percentage of his range.

Against everything else you have at least 14 outs (counting overcards as 3, flush cards as 9, and the backdoor straight as 1) so I raise this to about $7 for value.