PDA

View Full Version : 50NL, A8s turns flush, river double-pairs the board

_TKO_
04-28-2007, 05:11 PM
Villain is unknown.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $75.93
BB: $57.05
UTG: $101.25
MP: $104.15
CO: $60
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $50</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
2 folds, CO calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50, CO calls $1.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($8) K/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif (4 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $3</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $3

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($14) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $5</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $17</font>, SB calls $12

<font color="black">River:</font> ($48) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero ...

jmgambler
04-28-2007, 05:15 PM
Well Sb is telling you he has AK/KQ ....mmmmmmmm would he check a 9 here?

I think you are good here, thing is would could/would I call a C/R? I would probably wuss out and check behind, though I see arguments for betting half pot here....

ocdscale
04-28-2007, 05:19 PM
I check behind.
No worse hands call, and you almost have to fold to a c/r. You raised on the turn, which paired the board and completed the flush draw. There's very little chance a bare king will call the river.

mikechops
04-28-2007, 05:35 PM
I'd disagree that no worse hands call. Worse flushes call and if he called a raise on the turn I could see getting a crying call from a King. The question is how often would he play a 9 or 6 like this and whether that outweighs the times he calls with a worse hand? It's thin but against a bad op, I'd bet $20. If it's someone good, I'd check behind - Against an unknown... meh depends whether I'm up for the day or not.

Raise the flop BTW. Those weak donk bets are usually weak hands trying to find out where they are. Even if he calls, you are v likely at least 50/50.

_TKO_
04-28-2007, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise the flop BTW. Those weak donk bets are usually weak hands trying to find out where they are. Even if he calls, you are v likely at least 50/50.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I normally raise those if I hold a decent made hand, monster, or total air. However, he was giving me a good chance to draw out in case he does have a monster, and there's always the possibility of taking the pot later in the hand (like a draw+float opportunity). I sometimes call the flop and rep a flush when I'm not drawing to one, so playing a flush draw like this may balance it out.

doppelganger
04-28-2007, 06:33 PM
My first instinct would be to check this through.

However, if you look at his flop and turn action, this sure smells a lot like QJs/QTs/TJs. Can we put him on such a tight range? Probably not, and there are plenty of 9's in his PF calling range.

I think I compromise and make a weak value bet, something like $15 or so. If he has the balls to bluff CRAI with something that I beat on that river, he deserves the pot.

UFGatorGuy
04-28-2007, 06:38 PM
I check behind gladly here. If you bet out 15 and get CRAI, you're pretty committed. There are better spots than this, just hope you're good.

mikechops
04-28-2007, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I check behind gladly here. If you bet out 15 and get CRAI, you're pretty committed. There are better spots than this, just hope you're good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say it's a simple fold if you get CR'ed.

dimeetrees
04-28-2007, 09:22 PM
I say check behind, I dont see much value in betting. He is just as scared of that board as you are and its going to be a tough call for Kx here.

Paul Thomson
04-28-2007, 09:32 PM
i agree with mikechps.