PDA

View Full Version : 50NL TJ flops bottom 2 on straight, flush board

inspir3d
04-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Villain is about 23/16, plays sensibly

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $50.70
BB: $57.70
UTG: $92.20
CO: $88.55
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $45.55</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $2, 2 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($4.75) J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $3</font>, <font color="red">Hero ??? </font>

how should i play this hand in general?
i want to lose minimum to AK, trip Qs, Js, Ts, 89

but i want to get max against AA, KK, AQ

should i protect against straight/flush draws?

how strong is TJ on this board?

BlueBear
04-28-2007, 10:07 AM
Definitely raise for value.

inspir3d
04-28-2007, 10:11 AM
after i raise, how do i deal with a strong reraise??

Sweir
04-28-2007, 10:18 AM
You have to raise here to protect your hand, you will also get some value from worse made hands like AA/AQ.

If he reraised big on the flop then I would probably fold it. Villain sounds decent so I think you only really want to see AA, every other hand in his range is either beating you now or is ~a coin flip.

I fold this pf btw. Keep in mind he raised UTG.

C4LL4W4Y
04-28-2007, 10:19 AM
I usually fold preflop but if you're going to play this hand, 3b pre from the button. As played, you raise to about $11 or so. If he shoves you probably have to call, you have outs and the straight and flush draw potential is a large part of his range.

Sweir
04-28-2007, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually fold preflop but if you're going to play this hand, 3b pre from the button. As played, you raise to about $11 or so. If he shoves you probably have to call, you have outs and the straight and flush draw potential is a large part of his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

3betting JTo vs a decent UTG raiser seems a bit FPS imo, esp. at uNL.

I don't really think he is 3betting the flop with a draw unless it is a v strong one where you will be roughly flipping with. Also you have 4 outs if against a straight, not really much of a reason to call. He could well have a set here in which case you are pretty much drawing dead.

Waingro
04-28-2007, 11:37 AM
You are 59% vs AA, 53% vs KK, 59% vs AQ and of course stone dead vs much of his UTG raising range. I would not be so happy to raise this for value/protection since WB/slightly ahead is not the ideal situation. Call flop, fold to a big turnbet. Bottom two is pretty darn weak on this board.

And of course fold pf etc.

Rafpig
04-28-2007, 12:30 PM
I fold pre-flop. On the flop I raise to 10 and fold to a reraise.