PDA

View Full Version : Do you know my son, with what little understanding the earth is ruled.

Xylem
04-28-2007, 09:30 AM
The above quote was taken from a 14th century Pope.
Only over the past say, 3 years have i been able or bothered to look at politics with critical eyes.

But the more i look at the state of my country, the decisions being made and the downright overtly ignorant and stubborn views of the politicians i see that something needs to change.

Today we face the biggest threats to humanity that we have ever seen.
A technologically advancing East, melting ice caps and dying resources.

Ancient Greece managed to change the world and 'civilise' it, why cant we.

Basically i think the only way we can get a truly effective means of democracy is to eliminate this selfish, winning team style of government that leads good poiticians to blindly follow a bad policy just to make money.

Thats my opinion, and im pretty sure the world will be a much darker place in the next decade.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tolbiny
04-28-2007, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you want to read up on ancient greece, how many wars they fought, and what happened to them ultimately.

[ QUOTE ]

Basically i think the only way we can get a truly effective means of democracy is to eliminate this selfish, winning team style of government that leads good poiticians to blindly follow a bad policy just to make money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a thought. Good people who consistently do bad things are not good people.

Shadowrun
04-28-2007, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The above quote was taken from a 14th century Pope.
Only over the past say, 3 years have i been able or bothered to look at politics with critical eyes.

But the more i look at the state of my country, the decisions being made and the downright overtly ignorant and stubborn views of the politicians i see that something needs to change.

Today we face the biggest threats to humanity that we have ever seen.
A technologically advancing East, melting ice caps and dying resources.

Thats my opinion, and im pretty sure the world will be a much darker place in the next decade.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

must people would call that progress.

Xylem
04-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Lol, i knew this ud get criticised.

Ok first of all not that any of ure comments were constructive or really worth a reply, Ancient Greece did do alot for the civilisation of the world though they did die out and fight many wars. SO DID THE ROMANS!

2. I said good politicians not good people.- Dont h8 the player h8 the game.

3. In context u should realise that an advancing East will inevitably create a conflict of interests with the West.
Wars will be fought... Not even mentioning global warming and resource demand.

Xylem
04-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Sorry mods could u move the original post here to the politics section as i should have put it there to start with.

Dane S
04-30-2007, 10:52 AM
*little popcorn guy*