PDA

View Full Version : NL25 Turn Nuts

naphand
04-28-2007, 07:55 AM
OK so I am starting my switch to NL cautiously /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I am trying to come to terms with the differences from Limit, mostly this is which hands to play for a PFR/Limp and when to fold, sounds easy enough...but, also there are considerations for maximising returns which I am a bit at sea on.

TABLE: Been at the table approx. 15 hands so reads not worth much, the Button has been playing most hands and has been pretty aggro, BB I am not sure about but he seems loose but not awful.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) by Hand Converter CG (http://www.softforpoker.com/handconverter/)

<font color="#C00000">Naphand ($39.10)</font>
<font color="#C00000">BB ($51.65)</font>
UTG ($16.05)
MP ($15)
CO ($13.10)
<font color="#C00000">Button ($8.90)</font>

Preflop: Naphand is SB with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG folds, MP (poster) checks, CO folds, Button calls $0.25, Naphand completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Naphand checks, BB checks, MP checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($1) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Naphand bets $0.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $1.5</font>, MP calls $1.50, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $8.65</font>, Naphand /images/graemlins/confused.gif

So I have the nuts (and a re-draw to a weak flush). Lots of possiblities on this board.

Given my hand and the re-draws, that Button is all-in and 2 other players have also called the raise, who favours a keep strategy of calling the Turn bet, who favours pushing the Turn.

My feeling is just to call the push and hope BB/MP stays in, but I run the risk of a re-draw hitting on the River.

Comments appreciated.

BetYourLife
04-28-2007, 08:30 AM
I push here. Want to get my money in when I'm sure I have the best hand. everyone who calls makes a mistake. Pot is big enough.

04-28-2007, 08:32 AM
Button probably has 2pair, Looks like BB is drawing to diamonds, so I would make a big reraise to make it real expensive for him to draw to his flush.

Skleice
04-28-2007, 08:51 AM
If the button had more money, I would push. But here, I think more value comes from checking. If you call, you are giving BB 3:1 and if he calls, MP gets 4:1. If you raise, you're mostly gonna blow them out of the water. I think it is worth it to let somebody catch their flush or fill the boat and stack them (hopefully the BB since his stack is deeper). Besides, you might call and get a push behind you. Even if they don't make a hand, you still might get paid off by a set or Aces up. It would be interested to actually work this one out mathematically...but I just got up.

04-28-2007, 09:02 AM
Skleice I think you read the board wrong. OP has the nut straight, but Is still vulnerable to a diamond flush. So why not raise and make it expensive for BB to call ?

Skleice
04-28-2007, 09:04 AM
whoops. Ignore everything I said! Thought you had the straight flush. Told you I just got up...SORRY!

Doug Funnie II
04-28-2007, 11:38 AM
Minraise.

jose_marti
04-28-2007, 01:19 PM
I'm sure you were being sarcastic. ..

Machavelli
04-28-2007, 01:46 PM
I think going for an over-call is okay. You have to be willing to let it go if any red card falls.

sputum
04-28-2007, 02:22 PM
I would never just call here. You give the BB nearly 3-1 plus implied odds on the river (unless you fold to any A 9 5 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or /images/graemlins/heart.gif when you miss your sf) and MP the same odds or better. So I raise. As a PSB here is well over half your stack, I'd shove. An alternative is to put MP all-in if he calls, giving the BB around 2.5 to 1 (ish) Too many 'bad' rivers for me to contemplate this.
The turn minraise from the BB gives me hope he has a hand worth calling an all-in with. YMMV.

jmgambler
04-28-2007, 02:55 PM
mmmmmmmm its a good question? I am really unsure? OOP, raising might push out hand/s that may give you some money back if e.g Button hits his out (flush draw?) and BB has A5/A9 and will pay you off.

I am tempted to just call here and hope BB &amp; MP call too and hope for a rag on the river..... but I could be wrong would like to hear other views

Ikaika
04-28-2007, 03:28 PM
Get your money in ahead here, your hand is extremely vulnerable. Calling gives odds to the flush draws, and you have the nuts ffs...get it in.

Scottery
04-28-2007, 03:32 PM
nah just push

C4LL4W4Y
04-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Calling here is a pretty big leak.