PDA

View Full Version : 10nl live

ShipitFMA
04-28-2007, 12:30 AM
Playing 10nl with some friends effective stacks ~11$ 6 handed

I've been thinking about this hand a bit lately

Im in the SB with AQs 1 UTG limper i raise it to 50c, BB folds limper calls

Flop: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif pot $1.10
I CHECK, (he's pretty random player...will get committed with an Ace no kicker)..
He bets out $1..Because of the board, i RR to $3.5$ after thinking for a second he calls

Turn: 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif pot: $8
Hero..?
(at this point i have around $6.50 left, he has me slightly covered)

davidyang
04-28-2007, 12:33 AM
i think you should push.

on the flop, i think you should definitely bet. if he gets committed with just an A here, even more reason to bet.

any other reads on opponent?

ShipitFMA
04-28-2007, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think you should push.

on the flop, i think you should definitely bet. if he gets committed with just an A here, even more reason to bet.

any other reads on opponent?

[/ QUOTE ]

The first time playing with him, but i had seen him make pretty stupid uncalculated bluffs with complete air..Which is why i checked to him.
I figured he'd stab with anything and it was the only way i'd extract more out of air...Overall bad player really

Pirelli
04-28-2007, 12:47 AM
I think you really need to lead the flop because of all the draws.

If you think he is bluff happy, I don't mind the check, but in that case I c/c all 3 streets to get max value, maybe frontbetting the river depending on the board.

As played you've made the pot so big you have to pay him off if he has spades or KJ. If you checked and he pushed you'd probably have to call, so I would push instead.

At this stage you don't mind if you could have made more from letting him bluff because the pot is so big you just want to take it down and you'd hate to see a 4th spade, K or J on the river.