PDA

View Full Version : NL10: Turned set, do I beat anything in his range?

TurtlePiss
04-27-2007, 11:13 PM
Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($18.33)
Button ($9.47)
SB ($16.34)
BB ($9.56)
Hero ($19.98)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, MP calls $0.35, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($0.85) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.85</font>, MP calls $0.85.

Turn: ($2.55) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $4.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ...</font>,

I have no reads on this guy but he seems relatively tight. This basically means he hasn't done anything really stupid yet. What do I beat on the turn? Q8 or air, I guess. I don't think he does this with a draw. Is it ever right to fold a set on an uncoordinated board such as this one?

EDonk
04-27-2007, 11:40 PM
I'm never folding this @ 10NL. This can easily be AQ, AdQd that now picked up a big draw, Q8, or some combo draw like 5d6d even. I'm getting all my money in now and feeling good about it.

Xanta
04-27-2007, 11:49 PM
That avatar might be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

I am never ever folding this. The turn minraise, while scary, represents a fairly wide range and not only does 33 beat some of it, IMO it's ahead of the range as a whole. He could take this line with AQ, KQ, any random 2 pair. It's not uncommon to see AA KK played this way as well. The board texture is very dry so his range is a made hand or complete air, but I still feel comfortable shoving here. Shoving is greater than calling because villain is rarely going to fold any of his range except air here, and as I mentioned before I think that you're ahead of his range, so shove for value. Without a solid solid read I'm never going to fold this.

EDonk
04-28-2007, 12:18 AM
And by solid read, I hope you mean your friend standing behind the villian's computer telling you he has an overset. Even then, I might call.

SirFelixCat
04-28-2007, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That avatar might be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

I am never ever folding this. The turn minraise, while scary, represents a fairly wide range and not only does 33 beat some of it, IMO it's ahead of the range as a whole. He could take this line with AQ, KQ, any random 2 pair. It's not uncommon to see AA KK played this way as well. The board texture is very dry so his range is a made hand or complete air, but I still feel comfortable shoving here. Shoving is greater than calling because villain is rarely going to fold any of his range except air here, and as I mentioned before I think that you're ahead of his range, so shove for value. Without a solid solid read I'm never going to fold this.

[/ QUOTE ]

You hit your hand...and it's well hidden. I'm felting this every time, ESP. AT 10NL!!!