PDA

View Full Version : Stealing in 2BB pots

juggler97531
04-27-2007, 08:40 PM
i play the following way. what do you think about it

When i am on the blind, and i am heads up in checked pot and have no chance to win the hand in showdown i like to ALWYAS bet the pot(2BB). Intention is to check/fold rest of the hand no matter what.

I believe it is immediately +EV (people play tighter in 2-way pots than they should be in HU play) and additionally it may help to build aggressive image of hero for observant opponents.

few examples:
effective stacks not important(say 100BB) 6max(or w/e) PL/NL

i play mostly PL, where bb=sb, but i believe it applies also to normal blind structure.

we are either first to act in 2bb pot or it is checked to us.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif Hero: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Flop: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Hero: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Flop: T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Hero: 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets 2BB.

juggler97531
04-28-2007, 04:10 AM
bump?

catfish_01
04-28-2007, 04:16 AM
I'd say this is very opponent dependent. At some tables I find people who cling to the weirdest hands or are willing to c-r in air in UR pots (though the latter is obviously a special occasion.)

I like the idea of TRYING to steal in limped pots; it's generally good to try to be aggressive until someone takes a stand against you. Also you don't really know if your opponent shuts down in UR pots tightly unless you are attacking those pots. Just be alert to their responses to your steals.