PDA

View Full Version : Flopping a set

CoyneMoney
04-27-2007, 07:56 PM
I've been playing online only for a few months at the small stakes tables. Lately I've been buying into .10/.25 games with $10 and the way I've been playing medium/small pocket pairs has been to call preflop and hope I flop trips. If i do hit a set I decided to play it super aggressive either just open pushing on a flop with A or K on it or check/rasing all-in on a dry flop(donkbetting basically). The problem is that very often when they call I am ahead and thy outdraw me. In the past few days I've lost to an overpair hitting a set, gut shot straight draws, flush draws, runner-runner straqht draws, quads. I rarely have run into an overset. I don't mean this to be a bad beat rant, I'm just honestly wondering if playing a flopped set in this way is not the way to go. I mean, i want them to call with weaker hands right? Should I slow down? Is this a legit way to play?

ocdscale
04-27-2007, 08:05 PM
How is this not a bad beat post?

juggler97531
04-27-2007, 08:14 PM
i strongly believe that how to play sets is the least most important thing in playing good poker(just don't stop betting them and going alli-in if possible).
Just treat set(especially at small stakes) as the hand you are either destined to lose the stack with, or to double up.
Don't think about playing sets - just bet/raise them. Focus on other elements of your game.