PDA

View Full Version : 25NL JJ - My friends thought this too risky

mrmrt
04-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Didn't have any stats on villian at the time, he seemed OK though.

Party Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.10/$0.25 Blinds
6 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/)

SB: $56.05
BB: $21.60
<u>Hero (UTG): $25</u>
MP: $31.55
<u>CO: $31.75</u>
BTN: $14.65

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Jhttp://legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, MP folds, CO calls $1, 3 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.35) 9http://legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif 4http://legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif 6http://legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.40</font>, CO calls $1.40

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($5.15) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $3</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $22.60</font>

PF is standard.
Usually my C-bets are slightly larger but I never know what exactly to do on monotone boards.
But who likes the turn play? And if not, how should I play it instead?

hra146
04-27-2007, 06:16 PM
If he is "OK" Im not sure how this makes a lotta sense.

What calling range would you assign him?

poon
04-27-2007, 06:20 PM
i dont like, whats he betting here with? i think a floped flush.... so bad spot for check raise, i think it be better to bet 3 here on turn and fold to resistance.

mrmrt
04-27-2007, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What calling range would you assign him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, since he didn't raise on the flop, I didn't think he was scared of a 4th flush card, so I didn't think he had a set/2 pair type hand on the flop.
And his turn bet is bigger than my villains usually seem to make with a made flush (it's usually half pot or less to keep you in the hand, or so it seems to me.)
I thought he probably has a big diamond, possibly with a pair (Ad9 type hand), that wouldn't call the river if it missed but might well call a shove now.
Sound reasonable?

Machavelli
04-27-2007, 06:52 PM
I think this is a pretty bad turn play. You're pushing out hands like x9, OESD and higher FD and getting called by the 6 and flushes. Just seems like spew.

Bet your standard Cbet so not to show you're afraid of the flush and call his turn bet. If blank on the river I probably put out a blocking bet and fold to a raise.

Machavelli
04-27-2007, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I thought he probably has a big diamond, possibly with a pair (Ad9 type hand), that wouldn't call the river if it missed but might well call a shove now.
Sound reasonable?

[/ QUOTE ]

If a non diamond blank falls on the river why wouldn't villain call a half pot bet with TPTK? 2nd pair top kicker?

Antinome
04-27-2007, 06:56 PM
I like the turn but would just make it 14.

kayfish77
04-27-2007, 07:03 PM
so no worse hands are calling us and no better hands are folding. sick play.

Xanta
04-27-2007, 07:24 PM
I think that you guys are going a little overboard on the no worse calling no better folding thing. Villain can call with a ton of inferior hands here. A big diamond and a pair calls just about all the time. You'll get looked up by 9s a lot. You'll get looked up by TT most of the time. Also, if you are behind, you very often have 11 outs on the river so your equity isn't terrible when you're behind.

hra146
04-27-2007, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that you guys are going a little overboard on the no worse calling no better folding thing. Villain can call with a ton of inferior hands here. A big diamond and a pair calls just about all the time. You'll get looked up by 9s a lot. You'll get looked up by TT most of the time. Also, if you are behind, you very often have 11 outs on the river so your equity isn't terrible when you're behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think when we are behind our equity is HORRIBLE cause we will be drawing to TWO outs.

Im not saying that he isnt ever gonna call with a worse hands (that will definitely happen at NL25) but Im saying that a CRAI is pretty senseless here.

Why are we doing it?

Why not just lead the turn?

If we lead the turn and THEN get raised we can fold with clear conscience

Paul Thomson
04-27-2007, 07:36 PM
I'd just bet the pot on the flop and bet the pot on the turn.

Xanta
04-27-2007, 07:46 PM
What hands are we drawing to two outs against? The thought that a big flush composes a good chunk of his calling range is laughable. I still pot the turn, but the crai isn't as bad as everyone's making it out to be.

HANABI
04-27-2007, 07:48 PM
I like a raise much better than a push

We Major
04-28-2007, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so no worse hands are calling us and no better hands are folding. sick play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think he can make a better hand fold out by representing a flush or trip 6's?

I could see a hand like a weak K6 or an A6 maybe folding this out to an all in reraise. If he's horrible he could have 2 pair or another set.