PDA

View Full Version : NL 25 - MPTK OOP against TAG OTB

CaptDrew
04-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Button is TAG. I haven't seen him get way out of line before this hand. BB is a buffoon. He's the reason I'm in this game. Well, that and the weakish big stack in MP.

I really think I played this hand like crap. Quite honestly, I probably should have raised an amount equal to what I would've been willing to call on the turn. Button was probably on a worse J.

I suck.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP ($57.45)
CO ($28.60)
Button ($26.75)
SB ($4.50)
BB ($16.10)
Hero ($38.45)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.10) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, Button calls $1.50, BB calls $1.50.

Turn: ($7.60) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $4</font>, BB calls $4, Hero calls $4.

River: ($19.60) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $10</font>, BB folds, Hero wants to vomit on his monitor...

I need help here.

bozzer
04-27-2007, 04:57 PM
you should c bet more on the flop. I know it's dry but half pot is weaksauce.

EDIT: or check the flop. Absolutely nothing wrong with a check here since you have a pair on a dry flop 3 way OOP.

it's possible that the TAG is floating you, but certainly by the river I am giving him credit for a Q.

as played the turn is difficult. You are unlikely to be ahead of both players, so I would check, and then fold when the button bets and the BB calls.

Ikaika
04-27-2007, 05:06 PM
Your flop bet is too small; make it 2/3-3/4 pot, no one is gonna fold to a half pot bet with any part of the board. I'm up in the air about the turn call though, I don't really like chasing with middle pair if you check the turn.

kurto
04-27-2007, 05:39 PM
I don't mean to be so weak and nitty but this is why I don't raise AJ UTG.

Is your 1/2 bet on the flop your normal Cbet size? If not then it might not be a huge flaw. If it isn't normal, are you betting less because you don't like your hand?

two: I really don't see why you're talking about vomiting. Its not so odd to not want to put in 40bb with 2nd pair.

You haven't given us any reason to doubt that you should be folding here.

I think the real question is... should you even be calling the turn. How often do you think you're going to get a free river here? I assume you're not calling on the hope of hitting an ace or another jack?

I think the lesson about this hand is that playing OOP sucks. And I may be too tight but playing AJ oop is more often then not going to get you into positions like this.

inverted
04-27-2007, 06:37 PM
fold the turn after the bb calls, you've got to put one of them on a Q