PDA

View Full Version : NL50 Passive line with AA in re-raised pot.

Lordy
04-27-2007, 04:34 PM
Villain seems like a decent LAG running at 32/25/2.9
3-bet him a couple times, hasn't played back yet.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $53.25
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $107.50</font>
UTG: $51.75
MP: $91.80
CO: $33.51
BTN: $19.80

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
2 folds, CO calls $0.50, BTN calls $0.50, <font color="red">SB raises to $2.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $5.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($17) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($17) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $12.50</font>, Hero calls $12.50

<font color="black">River:</font> ($42) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets all-in for $32.75</font>, Hero ?

Flop looked kinda bad for AA, and pretty drawless so I checked behind.
Turn he bets. Could be a bluff, could be AK, could be a set. I call, gonna bet the river if he checks.
River he shoves. Meh. Overplayed AK ?

Ikaika
04-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Fwiw it looks like he turned a set. Why did you check behind on the flop? He could have 88+, AQ+ after calling your preflop reraise. The only hands beating you are JJ and KK(which he would probably have gone nuts with preflop). Bet 2/3 pot on the flop and I'd probably call a shove.

ocdscale
04-27-2007, 05:33 PM
I actually think JJ is more likely, he's looking for a check raise on the flop.
You've played this hand very passively, so you know nothing about what villain has. Folding is disgusting as he could simply have AK betting for value.
That said, I think you're beat here.

kurto
04-27-2007, 05:43 PM
I'd rathar bet the flop and consider how to handle a CR then to give him the lead and you're completely lost...

We let him put us to a decision instead of the other way around.

Certainly he could have a set. But isn't it just as likely that he thinks we missed and is now trying to buy the hand with a lesser hand?

Let_it_rain
04-27-2007, 05:43 PM
I think you have to call just because he has such a wide range, he could have you for 10's&gt; as a result of checking behind on the flop.

mikechops
04-27-2007, 06:03 PM
I think AK makes up enough of his range that you have to call. As pointed out your hand is somewhat underepresented

centja1
04-27-2007, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain seems like a decent LAG running at 32/25/2.9
3-bet him a couple times, hasn't played back yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about what your hand looks like to him before you consider folding.

I don't think the flop check was optimal, but it's not that bad. The main thing is that you're pretty much selling him on the fact that you don't have the hand you have. I'm sure you would have bet with KK and JJ, but probably checked behind some significant percentage of the time with QQ and TT.

If you had bet the flop, then maybe you could consider folding (but probably not since it would only be like $35 more). Once you checked the flop behind him, his range includes AK so often in addition to some other hand where he is simply trying to move you off of your perceived QQ that you have to call for less than pot on the river.

Machavelli
04-27-2007, 07:03 PM
I think you MUST cbet this. You've got TPTK and you showed significant strength pre-flop with your reraise. Without raising you have no idea where you're at and have shown weakness relative to your stance pre-flop. This could be a solid villain taking your line as TT or QQ and pushing you off or a set/2pair, straight. I think because of your line its very hard to decide on a call or fold. I probably make a crying call?

Machavelli
04-27-2007, 07:06 PM
Should clarify - I don't mind the check behind as long as you show some strength on the turn and raise it up (probably a push?) If have priced in AK, KQ, KT and now you need to put him to the test.

Paul Thomson
04-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Bet flop because the guy looks like a donk.

If you check flop it's not because the flop was bad for you but because the board is dry and you want to disguise the strength of your hand and you can still get it all-in on the turn and river.

Genz
04-27-2007, 07:22 PM
I bet this flop. If he has KK, he would have reraised you preflop, probably. The same goes for JJ probably, especially when you say that you have reraise him several times and he hasn't played back. A set is always a possibility. If he raises so much, he has many more hands in his range than KK and JJ (3 combos each, btw!). Think of AK, AJ, AQ, KQ, QQ, QJ, QT, any smaller PP. I bet this flop for value here.

Paul Thomson
04-27-2007, 07:29 PM
I most of the posters logic for betting the flop is off base.

We shouldn't bet the flop in order to "put the villain to a decision" or "in order to gain information", we should bet the flop because it maximizes value against Villain's range. Checking though isn't bad.

Lordy
04-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Thanks for all the comments.
Flop check is not bad in my opinion, betting is probably better. Thought I'd get a bet from air on the turn, as I'm repping something like QQ that wants a cheap showdown.

On the river I ended up folding. I'm pretty sure it's a huge mistake now, especially because I didn't bet the flop.