PDA

View Full Version : 50nl - Three combo draws

wildzer0
04-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Today has been the day for combo draws - anyone play these differently?

Villain in this hand is 27/17/2.4 over 230 hands. I know the preflop call is iffy - he 3-bets me liberally, I decided to play this one out, maybe it's horrible.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($72.70)
BB ($53.15)
UTG ($3)
MP ($21.80)
Hero ($50)
Button ($53.95)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $7</font>, Hero calls $5.

Flop: ($14.25) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $46.15</font>, Hero calls $35 (All-In).

Villain in this hand is 17/11/1 over 130 hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($54.25)
Hero ($49.25)
SB ($31.85)
BB ($54.30)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.25) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $7.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $47.25</font>

Villain is 12/9/4 over 30 hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($43.45)
CO ($102.65)
Button ($11)
SB ($49.50)
Hero ($50)
UTG ($52.80)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.25) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $2.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $41.45</font>, Hero calls $33.45.

wildzer0
04-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Bump, any input are all these super easy?

rivhawk02
04-27-2007, 04:42 PM
1. Im not a fan of calling off my stack here even with a straight/flush draw. Against an overpair, which villian seems to representing by the preflop action, you seem to be getting your money in as a slight underdog(This is because the Q and J might not be true outs). But, given how much money you have already commited after the flop you are getting about 2-1 odds. In this spot I think the value of the hand is in the fold equity that it has. Given the preflop action I would assume no fold equity in this hand.

2. I think this spot has a little more fold equity. You raise in position and BB flat calls. BB checks, you bet, he raises. I think a set raises more in this position, with 2 spades on the board. He seems to be asking with that small check raise "Is my small pair or 8-8 good" and your raise says "no".

3. Again, do you really want to call off your stack on an open ended straight to the small end of the straight. Villain seems rather nitty, so I may have let this go after your flop, check-raise gets raised instead of calling off my stack as an underdog. Maybe others will disagree but id personally let it go after you get raised.

ocdscale
04-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Hand 3 is an easy fold after you get raised.
You're playing your hand like it's a made straight when all you have is an OESD to the low end.
You have 0 fold equity (you're calling), there's no way you're good here. Even hands like A5s are ahead of you.

Hand 2 is okay.

Hand 1 is thin. He has an overpair here at least. A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif sometimes. You have odds to call his shove (You have 44% equity against QQ+, AdKd), but I just check behind the turn to peel off a card.

RMLewis
04-27-2007, 06:05 PM
Hand 1: I don't like betting the flop after being 3bet pf by a blind. You already know you're being check-raised, so why put all your money in when you know you're behind? Q and J are unlikely outs, and you're praying for a 10 or a diamond. If a diamond does come, an additional diamond ont he river could screw you as he might have an Ad or Kd. You're not the favorite here.

Hand 2: This play is much better. You're the aggressor. You're the one putting villain to the decision, not to mention your A and K are likely to be safe outs. His c/r range is huge. Barring sets and AA/KK, he would make this move with 77-QQ. Good play

Hand 3: Terrible. drawing tot he low end of he straight, does not guarantee a "made" hand. If he doesnt already have a made (higher) straight, then he's got some of your outs. Pick better spots

Let_it_rain
04-27-2007, 06:05 PM
1:
I think we have to fold here, he has given us every indication that he has a monster. Also I think we should fold preflop, but as played definite fold.

2:
Nice I like it, textbook.

3:
This is spew, the raise says he's got you smashed. He's either got over pockets a straight or a big draw 2 pair or some rubbish pair he can't let go of. You can't call here.

By the way in my opinion hand 2 is just a flush draw, but is a monster. 1 and 3 are really bad combo draws.

I think you need to be able to get away from some of these for that extra $35 on the flop.

kurto
04-27-2007, 06:07 PM
Hand one has a lot of dead money so I like the call as played. Whether or not I bet the flop would be dependent on whether or not I thought I could buy the pot. The thing is... its not likely he thinks that flop helped you. I find it MORE suspicious if you were 3 bet and he checks. I expect a C-bet here nearly 100% of the time. This board doesn't scare him. So I find his check suspicious. Which is why I might check behind and hope to hit paydirt on the turn....

Hand two is okay. I like it more against loose and aggressive players. With those stats I'd be worried you're up against a set miner. I don't like it as much against this opponent.

Hand 3 - I don't like it. Or let me rephrase... I like the flopraise as you will sometimes win it there and sometimes get a free turn. I don't like calling the all in.

Paul Thomson
04-27-2007, 06:17 PM
1) preflop looks pretty bad even if he is 3-betting you liberally. Flop is good.

2) fine. But I like calling more since you don't want to fold out a worse flush draw.

3) looks like a fold to me. i doubt you have odds to call

Paul Thomson
04-27-2007, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Im not a fan of calling off my stack here even with a straight/flush draw. Against an overpair, which villian seems to representing by the preflop action, you seem to be getting your money in as a slight underdog(This is because the Q and J might not be true outs). But, given how much money you have already commited after the flop you are getting about 2-1 odds. In this spot I think the value of the hand is in the fold equity that it has. Given the preflop action I would assume no fold equity in this hand.

2. I think this spot has a little more fold equity. You raise in position and BB flat calls. BB checks, you bet, he raises. I think a set raises more in this position, with 2 spades on the board. He seems to be asking with that small check raise "Is my small pair or 8-8 good" and your raise says "no".

3. Again, do you really want to call off your stack on an open ended straight to the small end of the straight. Villain seems rather nitty, so I may have let this go after your flop, check-raise gets raised instead of calling off my stack as an underdog. Maybe others will disagree but id personally let it go after you get raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAND 1) rethink how many potential outs you have in the hand. sure the Q or J might not be good but we have more than just a flush draw and overs... do u see it. Next, the pot is offering us close to 2-1, so by your own logic its still a call.

HAND 2) Question: do we want 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif to fold or call?

HAND 3) I don't understand exactly what you mean on the flop.

Paul Thomson
04-27-2007, 06:26 PM
HAND 3) I like a check call on the flop better than your raise, fwiw.

Paul Thomson
04-27-2007, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3 is an easy fold after you get raised.
You're playing your hand like it's a made straight when all you have is an OESD to the low end.
You have 0 fold equity (you're calling), there's no way you're good here. Even hands like A5s are ahead of you.

Hand 2 is okay.

Hand 1 is thin. He has an overpair here at least. A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif sometimes. You have odds to call his shove (You have 44% equity against QQ+, AdKd), but I just check behind the turn to peel off a card.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAND 1: The action never gets to the turn so how can we check behind on the turn? If you mean check behind on the flop, than your range for the Villain's hand when he checks as being (overpair or AKd) is way to generous.

Since Villain checked the flop, we should bet it because the villain reraises light.

Paul Thomson
04-27-2007, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I don't like betting the flop after being 3bet pf by a blind. You already know you're being check-raised, so why put all your money in when you know you're behind? Q and J are unlikely outs, and you're praying for a 10 or a diamond. If a diamond does come, an additional diamond ont he river could screw you as he might have an Ad or Kd. You're not the favorite here.

Hand 2: This play is much better. You're the aggressor. You're the one putting villain to the decision, not to mention your A and K are likely to be safe outs. His c/r range is huge. Barring sets and AA/KK, he would make this move with 77-QQ. Good play

Hand 3: Terrible. drawing tot he low end of he straight, does not guarantee a "made" hand. If he doesnt already have a made (higher) straight, then he's got some of your outs. Pick better spots

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you assume that a Villain who 3-bets light is going for an auto-check raise?

mikechops
04-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Hand 1 fold to the 3-bet pre flop. I think you should bet a little more on the flop, since you want him to fold.

Hand 2. I play it the same.

Hand 3. Check calling is better here. It depends a little on villain, but from what we know he seems tightish. I doubt he's folding an overpair.

wildzer0
04-27-2007, 06:38 PM
Hand 3 I think is interesting where I went wrong. Basically, the call is (very marginally) +EV if villain has 99+ or overs with a FD, unfortunately the possibility of lower pairs (ie, a straight draw or set) make this -EV.

Paul Thomson
04-27-2007, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1:
I think we have to fold here, he has given us every indication that he has a monster. Also I think we should fold preflop, but as played definite fold.

2:
Nice I like it, textbook.

3:
This is spew, the raise says he's got you smashed. He's either got over pockets a straight or a big draw 2 pair or some rubbish pair he can't let go of. You can't call here.

By the way in my opinion hand 2 is just a flush draw, but is a monster. 1 and 3 are really bad combo draws.

I think you need to be able to get away from some of these for that extra $35 on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAND 1) Just because his action suggest a monster doesn't mean we should fold. We should fold to an all-in if we aren't getting direct odds to call.

Machavelli
04-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Hand 1: is a fold pre-flop. Bet closer to pot on the flop if you're going to semi-bluff, get the FE. Dont go crazy with combo draws/semi bluffs. As played you're priced in to call.

Hand 2: Played fine.

Paul Thomson
04-27-2007, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3 I think is interesting where I went wrong. Basically, the call is (very marginally) +EV if villain has 99+ or overs with a FD, unfortunately the possibility of lower pairs (ie, a straight draw or set) make this -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though you only have 30 hands on Villain, he seems to be very tight. Therefore, I think your check-raise on the flop was bad especially when he was offering you good odds to call.