PDA

View Full Version : NL 10 - Extracting value from a speculative hand

centja1
04-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Villain in this hand was running at about 83/15/1 over 120 hands at this point. Several times in the last 30 hands or so, I had open-raised his blind, both with speculative and legitimate hands, and taken it down on the flop with a c-bet.

What is your default line for extracting value here? I don't want to sound like my hand is marginal, but I'm not sure that i can call this a monster because his donk bet on the flop is what threw me a little bit. He was such a big fan of the check-call up until now.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $9.75
<font color="black">BB: $20.20</font>
UTG: $8.90
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $15.35</font>
BTN: $5.70

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $0.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($0.75) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $0.75</font>, Hero ???

CobraGoat
04-27-2007, 10:33 AM
jeebus, raise that isht up to like $3.

he is an idiot and probably thinks this is a new tricky line to keep you in check. punish him.

CazicT
04-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Raise it up. Try to extract a large pot from him if he has AK or KQ. He might fold, but i'd rather try to make alot of $$ if he has a decent hand than milk a few $$ if he doesn't.

Skleice
04-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Yes...raise. He'll never put you on a 6. SMACK HIM!!!

centja1
04-27-2007, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes...raise. He'll never put you on a 6. SMACK HIM!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

what do we do if he three-bets us? do we all agree that we're going broke here should he turn up with something that beats us? I mean, he's loose and passive but I didn't get the impression that he was a moron.

I'll admit that i got stacked last week when i raised with J9, flopped three jacks and the other guy turned up with the same hand with a better kicker. Since then, i've been toying with not announcing that I have trips when i have a mediocre kicker.

Edited to say: I think the King on board has a heavy influence as to how to play the hand.

CazicT
04-27-2007, 11:19 AM
His AF of 1 would make him reraising scary for sure. But you never know he might just be taking a stand against you with AK or something. I might slow down a little, but I don't think I would fold.