PDA

View Full Version : 15 tips how to be a great poker player

BigNemo
04-27-2007, 08:17 AM
1. Do your homework, check out a couple of online poker schools and understand what you're reading.

2. Know hand ranking

3. Learn all about pot odds and statistics so you don't play in an uphill slope. It's more important than most players think and where most beginners makes misstakes.

4. Start playing poker with play money, not the real deal until later when you know how to use the client.

5. Start playing real money tables at low lewels, why not micro.

6. Read a couple of poker books.

7. Be careful. Be sure to fold crappy cards. Don't bluff often. Never go against the odds, you will only lose.

8. Get a good strategy - plan for how you should play. Which hands should you play and which should you fold and when - in the beginning of a tournament, in the middle and in the end of a poker tournament. Follow your strategy. Always (almost always anyway). And when you don't, be aware of it.

9. Fold hands that don't feel right. Don't play against the odds. If you do you must get lucky to win. It always feels better to lose a hand you've played right than a hand you've playes like a moron.

10. Decide how long you're going to play before you start your session, i.e. don't play longer than that you can keep your concentration.

11. Find and play at a poker site and at a table where you have a good chance of winning. Poker is like boxing, it's stupid to go up against opponents that are much better than you. You can make an occasional lucky KO but in the long run you are beaten, hard.

12. Never play if you are tired, sick or - and this can come as a suprise to some - drunk. Think about it, who would you like to play: a drunk player who plays with the head under the table or a focused player?

13 Join a nice poker community - like www.twoplustwo.com (http://www.twoplustwo.com) - where you learn a lot about poker and get loads of tips and stuff.

14. Practice, practice and practice.

15. DONT PISS ME OFF BY SPAMMING AND GETTING YOURSELF BANNED LDO!!!!

Now you probably are a decent poker player who can grind your way to winnings, if you play carefully. If you are gifted with poker talent and has a sence for how to read the game it can be a very pleasant journey.

corsakh
04-27-2007, 08:19 AM
ban

lexxor
04-27-2007, 08:20 AM
14 posts and a link to an unknown pokersite - suspicious.

[ QUOTE ]
14. Repatition, Repatition, Repatition

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

TheRenaissance
04-27-2007, 08:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2. Know hand ranking

[/ QUOTE ]

Of all of these, I would say this is the most important.

ph2133868789
04-27-2007, 08:27 AM
funny. I thought this was a poker community. no?

bozzer
04-27-2007, 08:28 AM
I know this is lol but for a complete newbie this isn't a bad start. but

[ QUOTE ]
13 Join a nice poker community - like http://www.twoplustwo.com - where you learn a lot about poker and get loads of tips and stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Genz
04-27-2007, 08:41 AM
Each of your threads contains a longer attempt to get people to visit your site...

This user's posts (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/dosearch.php?Cat=0&Forum=All_Forums&Name=96371&Sea rchpage=0&Limit=25&&fromsearch=1&fromprof=1)

.xxxx.
04-27-2007, 08:47 AM
14 minute TAG eh? how much for the vid?

.xxxx.
04-27-2007, 08:58 AM
even better, I don't worry so much about the guy raised by wolves. Its all he's known.
But what about the students of the guy raised by wolves?
Coach, why're you sniffing my ass?

Supwithbates
04-27-2007, 09:21 AM
the site he's spamming is a complete joke, lol

Judging from some of OP's posts, he doesn't really even know how to play poker

TheRenaissance
04-27-2007, 09:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the site he's spamming is a complete joke, lol

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA! I just checked it out, the "forum" and the "discussion" is beyond belief, full of bogus members and fake replies to [censored] posts.

Fiksdal
04-27-2007, 09:27 AM
ban plz

EMc
04-27-2007, 09:51 AM
I took care of it and improved it a little.

yellowbluebus
04-27-2007, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I took care of it and improved it a little.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought my eyes were playing a joke on me. I saw the title of the thread and I swear there were only 14 rules! I like the addition though.

lexxor
04-27-2007, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
<a href="www.twoplustwo.com" target="_blank">http://www.twoplustwo.com</a>

[/ QUOTE ]

"[URL]" can do that, hmm. but you obv know that

munkey
04-27-2007, 10:02 AM
am I being ghost levelled here ?

TheRenaissance
04-27-2007, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
am I being ghost levelled here ?

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, emc used his magic mod powers to change the OP's spam around.
you havent missed much.