PDA

View Full Version : super deep Ak on the button vs maniac

toomuchforu
04-27-2007, 03:59 AM
this guy was freaking nuts. He hasn't folded a hand in like 4 rounds and has stacked some people with huge suckouts. At the same time he was making some big bluffs and had some people pay him off with underpairs to the board a couple of times. ALso he was overbetting his monsters by a lot, but not all of his overbets were strong.

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
4 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $128.17
Hero: $131.45
SB: $10.70
BB: $11.45

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($3.1, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $5.5</font>, Hero calls? I was really unsure about what line to take right here becauseI didn't really want the pot to get to big but i knew he wasn't going to let that happen no matter waht he had and i didn't want to lose what seemed like a lot of possible value. , BB folds.

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($14.1, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $12.5</font>, Hero calls...Great turn card assuming I was ahead him betting was really just a standard. i contemplated a raise here, but i can see him pushing in with a lot as of this point if i raise and i didn't really want to make that call with AK. So i though i would re-evaluate on the river and probably call a decent sized bet

River: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($39.1, 2 players)
UTG checks, i thought about betting here for a minute because i was pretty convinced he was dominated at this point and he was a bit of a calling station, but i checked because i was more curious about what he had and was still kind of afraid his flop overbet may have been stronger than i knew...

comments on all streets would be appreciated, thanks

Results:
Final pot: $39.1

orange
04-27-2007, 04:00 AM
Your playing vs. a loose maniac. Raise the flop and call a shove.

the passive route is okay. I would probably try to get it in here vs. this guy though. I would probably bet the river (shove), but I would have been all in on previous streets.

ShipitFMA
04-27-2007, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your playing vs. a loose maniac. Raise the flop and call a shove.

the passive route is okay. I would probably try to get it in here vs. this guy though. I would probably bet the river (shove), but I would have been all in on previous streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not really sure I want get it all in with TPTK for 500BB
I generally like the line you took, probably got max value out of a worse hand

orange
04-27-2007, 04:13 AM
Holy crap, I didnt notice you were so deep. I like your line then. I would typically value bet the river for 1/2 pot though. I don't think he's tricky enough to c/r this river with 87.