PDA

View Full Version : little monster

corsakh
04-27-2007, 03:32 AM
Titan, 20NL

Stacks 100BB
Villain new to the table, very aggressive, reraised several people out of the pots including me once.

Hero in CO with 6h 4h
Villain on the button

Hero raises to $0.8, Villain calls, BB calls.

Pot $2.6 Flop 6d 4d 7r
BB best $1, Hero raises to $4, Villain calls, BB folds.

Pot $11.6 Turn Kd
Hero ???

How much do we bet??? Whats our reaction to a reraise? Do we go broke here? Can we shove?

orange
04-27-2007, 04:05 AM
This is a tough spot. Whats with the action too? BB leads, How can you raise? The positions are all screwy. Did villan check or something? confusing.

I want to say bet/fold here. c/c is semi enticing.

I don't really think I go broke here. I would probably check/call the turn. If he checks the turn through, vb the river and if he bets, we don't have a whole lot left on the river.

Really nasty spot. Not sure what to do here.

c/f seems a bit weak. Especially vs. this guy.

corsakh
04-27-2007, 05:45 AM
Yep, BB leads, I raise on CO, villain on the button calls. I hate being OOP when a potential draw hits, im getting so lost /images/graemlins/smile.gif Especially I cant really put him on a draw after calling a big raise on the flop, can I?

Genz
04-27-2007, 09:31 AM
*grunch*
Why do you raise a hand like that when a nasty opponent has position on you and you have to expect a lot of raises and resistance in general from him so that your implied odds suck?!? I fold this preflop.
As played, I think I am willing to go broke here. I CRAI. If he was really aggro during the last hands, he played too many of them and probably didn't have the goods every time. His call on the flop indicates a draw or another strong hand though. Since it's the Kd, AKd is out of the equation. He probably would have reraised AQ or big PPs when he is as aggro as you describe. Maybe he is trapping with AA.

Genz
04-27-2007, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Especially I cant really put him on a draw after calling a big raise on the flop, can I?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he was raising all the time lately, then he is more likely to be trapping than chasing, because he probably would have semi-bluffed with his good flushdraws.

corsakh
04-27-2007, 09:39 AM
Well.. "Aggro" at this level usually just means you going to be paid off even OOP /images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks for thoughts about his handrange.

C4LL4W4Y
04-27-2007, 09:50 AM
The problem with c/c'ing (or b/f'ing for that matter) the turn is that most likely, at least half of our stack is going to end up in the middle on the river in an OOP situation. Marginal situations, OOP, vs. aggro villains are not my favorite.

For me it's either c/f or crai, and I'm not sure which one I'd choose.