PDA

View Full Version : 50NL, JT flops bottom two on straight flush'd flop

_TKO_
04-26-2007, 08:17 PM
CO is 48/15/3. Folds to cbet is like 80ish over about 100 hands.
UTG is 26/4.5/2.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $57.20
BB: $98.05
UTG: $68.40
CO: $50.05
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $51</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2</font>, CO calls $2, Hero calls $2, 2 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($6.75) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $3</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $6</font>, Hero ...

jmgambler
04-26-2007, 08:27 PM
ewwwwwwwww thats the problem with JT/98 etc even when you flop your 49-1 2pr, 99% of the time there is always some huge draw as well.

Looking at it I am really tempted to fold *shrugs* and not get into it, another /images/graemlins/diamond.gif is gonna be curtains and you may well be behind all the way...even hitting one of your 4 outs could spell disaster

_TKO_
04-26-2007, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ewwwwwwwww

[/ QUOTE ]

Your avatar seems very fitting...

jmgambler
04-26-2007, 08:31 PM
ty

Dilznoofus
04-26-2007, 08:32 PM
I think I would fold right now. The only hand that you beat that are AxKd or AxQd, and those hands are obviously in good shape against you. You are not closing the action and have no idea what UTG will do if you just call.

Xanta
04-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Dump it. You're never getting paid a worse hand on this flop given the action, unless it's like AK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif to which you're a dog I think. Also think of UTG's raising range if he has a PFR of 4.5 and then think of what range he'd actually lead onto this sick drawy flop 3 way with. It has you crushed.

limit refugee
04-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Your equity seems pretty damn week in this spot. UTG with a 4 pfr puts his range in very dangerous territory for us, add a fold happy CO minraising and I can ditch it without even cursing.

Rafpig
04-26-2007, 09:10 PM
Donīt be tempted. Just fold this.

_TKO_
04-26-2007, 09:15 PM
Anyway, whenever I get that sick feeling and want to fold, I usually raise instead. Follow me to the turn here.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif (5 Players)

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($6.75) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $3</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $6</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $18</font>, UTG folds, CO calls $12

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($45.75) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
CO checks, Hero ...

Pirelli
04-26-2007, 11:07 PM
Fold flop. As played push.

.xxxx.
04-26-2007, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, whenever I get that sick feeling and want to fold, I usually raise instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes! haha

.xxxx.
04-26-2007, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold flop. As played push.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pirelli you need to explain these decisions a bit more for us to follow your logic. Why would pushing after taking this line all of a sudden be the optimal play unless you're leveling us and sit on TKO's left every table.

.xxxx.
04-26-2007, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, whenever I get that sick feeling and want to fold, I usually raise instead. Follow me to the turn here.

<font color="red">UTG bets $3</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $6</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $18</font>, UTG folds, CO calls $12

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($45.75) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
CO checks, Hero ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that we're here after your MANIAC play on the flop, check behind and be willing to call up to a 1/2 pot size bet on the riv. Any other line would imply that you have FE, which does not appear to be the case.

Ideally on the flop, I'd love to say fold everytime, but we find ourselves in these spots ~3 hrs into a session and you've finally hit with your JT(please tell me you didn't just sit down). Your hand has little showdown value here so making a move is your best bet, you 3bet the flop and got called...best indicator its time to slow down and see what kind of showdown you've got.

limit refugee
04-27-2007, 12:29 AM
Tough one, but I'm going to check. Fold equity with these stack sizes after his flop play seems non existant. Anything that can beat you or has a draw to beat you will call your shove at this point, i think. If a diamond,a 10 or a Q comes up on the river, he's prolly not pushing without having you beat, so there is a better chance of not throwing good money after bad with a check here.

So I'm checking and calling a push unless one of the obvious draw fillers comes up. Check it through if I can.

I play it like a wuss cuz I'd cry if I pushed into a straight or flush with 2 pair on this board and I'd be super happy if I didn't put anymore money in and won. I'd There's gotta be some math and handrange muckymuck that can do much better than my sorry reasoning here, so tell me I'm wrong.

Better Than U
04-27-2007, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
CO is 48/15/3. Folds to cbet is like 80ish over about 100 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]So he's a weak/tight postflop player but min raises the pfrs bet on the flop? Those stats right there are enough to just fold quickly. This isn't even a mildly tough decision.

orange
04-27-2007, 04:09 AM
I prefer squeezing over calling PF, but calling isnt horrible I guess.

There are a few lines you can take on monotone boards. You can wait until the turn to get the money in or you can just bomb the flop.

Another way of playing your hand would be to flat call the flop $6, then when the action comes on the turn (blank), you get the money in where your equity is raised significantly.

Or you can just bomb the flop. The problem with that is that your action/hand is crushed if the 4th /images/graemlins/diamond.gif peels. (one good advantage with the first option, who Big_Jim likes alot).

So, as played, shove the turn.