PDA

View Full Version : 50NL: AJs in position...what is my play?

elohel
04-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Villian was 26/16 preflop and very aggressive post flop. This was the first tiime I had seen him use the min bet in 130 hands.

Should i have played earlier streets in a different manner to avoid a difficult decision on the end? If so how would you have played it?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $15.50
BB: $70.70
UTG: $93.20
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $93.45</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (4 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, Hero calls $1.75, 2 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($4.25) A/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $0.50</font>, Hero calls $0.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($5.25) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $0.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.50</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $8.50</font>, Hero calls $4

<font color="black">River:</font> ($22.25) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $18</font>, Hero...?
Pot Size: $58.25 ($2 Rake)

_TKO_
04-26-2007, 08:11 PM
I'd probably raise preflop. I think we're in good shape against a 26/16's preflop raising range here, and it gives us the initiative postflop, in position. I would play cautiously if he called and an A dropped and he gave action on it. The call isn't horrible, though.

As played, I'd still want to raise the flop and see where he goes from there. I'd fold to a 3-bet. I'm not sure why you waited until the turn to raise... Anyway, I'd fold to the turn 3-bet and definately fold on the river. I don't think he's drawing here.

jmgambler
04-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Fold to the reraise on the turn....even a J is not gonna make you feel comfortable.
What are you beating? you are now behind to AK,AQ.AT.A9

as played easy river fold