PDA

View Full Version : How to go from 20/10 to 20/15 stats?

xxxJDLxxx
04-26-2007, 07:14 PM
Hello everyone! First post here /images/graemlins/smile.gif

So i m a NL50 player, i dont think i m very good but i m looking to improve.
I ve heard the real TAG stats are 20/15 but i cant reach the 15 preflop raise i dont know how u guys do it. (I know i dont have to only focus on my preflop stats but this is just a part of my game i want to improve)
I tried to raise with semi garbage when i feel weakness but then my stats are like 25/15 so i think i have to fold more hands like AJs or QKs when someone else raised before me and keep raising when i feel weakness maybe.
But anyway i think the best way to know how to reach this stats is asking here so here i am /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thx for ur answers

_TKO_
04-26-2007, 07:16 PM
This is gonna get locked. 3-bet more.

Triggerle
04-26-2007, 07:18 PM
1) Post hands and not general questions
2) Don't change your play based on stats. If it ain't broke then don't fix it.
3) Don't raise garbage just to get you stats up.
4) Find more spots to raise (suited connectors are a good start, but educate yourself on how to play them before)

xxxJDLxxx
04-26-2007, 07:46 PM
All right thx for the answers.
Since it s going to get locked i guess i have to stop the discussion here.

Khaos4k
04-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Don't. Open. Limp.

xxxJDLxxx
04-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Ok then...

First for the 2) yes it s not broke but it could be better because i see that people with 20/15 stats have very nice BB/100hands.

So the 20/15 stats are reached by sometimes 3betting hands that aren t premium and raising suited connectors OOP.
My problem is that if i play that way my stats are like 25/15 and my question is what are the 5% hands i shouldn't play?
Should I fold more medium+ hands like QKs, AJs when this is a multiway raised pot? Should i call less when i'm in the BB or SB and odds are very interesting?

_TKO_
04-26-2007, 09:09 PM
There are successful players with a wide range of stats. Sometimes 13/13 is good, sometimes 30/25 is good. Don't play for stats, play to find the best opportunities.

Sean Fraley
04-26-2007, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't. Open. Limp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Start with that. Here is a good guideline:

UTG: Raise AJo+, any two suited cards that are jack or higher, and any pocket pairs.

MP: Everything you raise UTG, add suited connectors 87+ and suited aces A7+, and KQ.

In the cutoff or button, raise any two broadway. If you only have one limper in front of you, raise any two cards that you are going to play.

This will probably bring you above 15% PFR, but that's not such a problem.

matrix
04-26-2007, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) Post hands and not general questions
2) Don't change your play based on stats. If it ain't broke then don't fix it.
3) Don't raise garbage just to get you stats up.
4) Find more spots to raise (suited connectors are a good start, but educate yourself on how to play them before)

[/ QUOTE ]