PDA

View Full Version : 10NL 6max: Changing betting patterns against shortstacks

Pooojo33
04-26-2007, 03:30 PM
Ok. So I've got a couple of questions about stack sizes effecting how you play a hand.

First Hand. I reraise(pot) a shortstack w/ AKo out of the SB and he calls. I whiff and c-bet, he pushes, I call. I know at some point I did something incorrect but I'm not sure which would be the bigger mistake: 1) reraising pot, 2) c-bet (too big?, at all?), 3) calling the last $1.85 knowing I had overs at best.
Should I be c/folding the flop or c-bet/folding or what? I can't imagine just calling preflop just because the guy doesn't have a full buyin. (?) Should I c-bet smaller so as not to price myself in? Am I even priced in for the last $1.85?

2nd Hand. Reraise from the BB w/QQ. Very similar situation. One overcard. Should I be check folding? Is that too weak or is that standard? Mostly the same questions as first hand.

I just can't see my lines as being +EV so looking for input at any point in the hands.

__________________________________________________ ____
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $9.90</font>
BB: $22.20
UTG: $10
CO: $4.70
BTN: $10.50

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.20</font>, BTN calls $0.20, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.10</font>, BB folds, CO calls $0.90, BTN folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.50) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.75</font>, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $3.60</font>, Hero calls $1.85

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($9.70) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players - 1 All-In)

<font color="black">River:</font> ($9.70) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $9.70 ($0.95 Rake)

CO had K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (two pair, Tens and Eights) and WON (+$4.05)
Hero had K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (a pair of Tens) and LOST (-$4.70)

__________________________________________________ _____
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $4.15
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $9.60</font>
UTG: $28.95
MP: $10.10
CO: $5.55
BTN: $6.65

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.10, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.45</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, UTG folds, CO calls $1.05

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($3.15) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.10</font>, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $4.05</font>, Hero calls $1.95

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($11.25) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players - 1 All-In)

<font color="black">River:</font> ($11.25) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $11.25 ($1.10 Rake)

CO had A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (two pair, Kings and Nines) and WON (+$4.60)
Hero had Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (two pair, Queens and Nines) and LOST (-$5.55)

kurto
04-26-2007, 03:45 PM
A Half stack is kind of awkward. Its still a shortstack but deep enough that pushing preflop doesn't automatically happen.

That being said
HAND (1) - That's fine. His minraise pf is essentially the same as a limp. Your opponent is a complete moron which is why you are thrilled to raise him here with AK 100% of the time. You are not folding there. Too bad it didn't work out.

HAND (2) I like a potraise better which is $2. The king really sucks for you. Since its a shortstack its probably going in anyways... If it was a deeper stack, I'd consider c/f.

jmgambler
04-26-2007, 05:18 PM
I am looking at these thinking, I am prolly playing them the same... Unlucky

Sean Fraley
04-26-2007, 06:13 PM
The key with shortstacks is to remember that you have no fold equity if they have hit top pair, or in some cases any pair. If you wind up on the flop with overs, let them go. After a while, either a) the shortstack has distributed his money to the other players, and you win it from them or b) he is no longer short stacked, but most likely still insists on playing like it and you will win the money when he stacks of with TPWK.