PDA

View Full Version : Getting a new start........

DKSNHU
04-26-2007, 03:27 PM
Hey guys,

I'm new to posting here and I just wanted to give everyone a little insight about me before I start posting here. I have played a lot of online poker in my life but I am looking to get a clean start. I tend to deposit on to a site and play way out of my bankroll until I am either robusto or busto. I am sick of playing this way and want to get fresh start.

I will be depositing $500.00 on Full Tilt sometime in the next 2 weeks and will be starting my new bankroll. I will be starting at .05-.10 NL and PLO and moving up when I have 50 buy ins for the next level. I know this may be an excessive amount for this level or for that matter most small stakes levels, but this is what I am comfortable with and that is what I am going to do.

The goal for me is to improve everyday I play which has not been the case in the past were I was just looking to gamble and make some money. I will be posting here frequently once I start playing and feel free to ask me any questions and I will be more then happy to answer them. Thanks for reading.

DKSNHU

agoldenbear
04-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Dude, start at 25NL. With a $500 roll you will already have twenty buy-ins, which is more than enough. At 10NL you're just playing for stacks IMO.

At 25NL:
Steal raise semi-often in LP,
Make a healthy amount of c-bets against 2 or fewer opponents
MINE FOR SETS! If a raise represents less than 5-10% of your stack and less than 10% of villain's stack, you should be willing to call from most any position with a wired pair.
Play draws carefully. Lots of folks short-buy at these stakes, so the implied odds are not always there.
Raise the limpers from LP if your hand has above-average value.
Don't play potentially dominated holdings for a raise. You won't see a lot of tricky or deceptive play at this level, so calling a raise with KJ, KQo, or AJ is not going to be profitable.

I see that you're "comfortable" at 10NL and this is what you "plan to do" but 25NL is EXTREMELY beatable. Play TAG and you'll do fine. I've only been playing cards seriously for about 9 months now, and after buying in for $90 in mid Feb on UB, I've made $380 just playing one table for a few hours on nights and weekends.

Kasane
04-26-2007, 07:48 PM
what the guy above said. Start a bit higher. It sounds like you have the roll and won't miss it if you go busto. 25nl is a good place to start. You can win at 10nl no prob, but you need to learn in order to move up and 25 is better for that.