PDA

View Full Version : Am I spewing $$ on my OESD?

CazicT
04-26-2007, 01:52 PM
I consider myself pretty bad at playing draws in general. I'd like some comments on all streets.

Here are my thoughts:

Preflop: I limp in with my suited connector which is fine. Then I get raised. How should I react to this? Does the 5/10 rule apply to suited connectors, or just low pocket pairs? I kinda justified my call here because of the 5/10 rule, but I knew it might be a mistake.

Flop: Should I donk bet like 2.00 here to try to keep the price low? If I do, how do I respond to a raise? Villain bets 3/4 pot here, am I justified in calling? I would need to make an extra 7 dollars on the hand to make the implied odds break even, this seems doable most of the time. But what about the fact that I am possibly drawing to the 2nd best straight?

Turn: The board pairs which is usually a bad sign for draws right? I don't really put him on a boat at this point, but shold I be more apt to throw away? I check and he bets again, I think I overestimated the pot odds I was getting here and probably should have thrown away.

River: trips on board. So it's settled I should check/fold, right?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($29.75)
SB ($9.85)
BB ($24.20)
UTG ($9.05)
MP1 ($53.65)
Hero ($24.65)
CO ($8)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $1.25.

Flop: ($3.35) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $2.5</font>, Hero calls $2.50.

Turn: ($8.35) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $3.25</font>, Hero calls $3.25.

River: ($14.85) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

C4LL4W4Y
04-26-2007, 02:00 PM
I'd probably raise 89s from the hijack. Limp calling to someone in position is not a profitable way to play draws.

As played, I'd raise the flop.

monkeymaps
04-26-2007, 02:07 PM
I think you will get diff. responses here some will say you should raise comming in with this hand. other people will say its ok to limp here I think its ok but there are others that say first in raise/fold Pokey has some good posts about this in the sticky I think.

As for the hand I would be more inclined to donk this flop I generally play my draws more agro OOP than in position, you would rather win right now because if your positonal disadvantage. IP I am more inclined to take free cards.
I think c/c in these spots is good if villian is likely to minbet/underbet the flop.

ADK
04-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Reads on button? im folding this preflop but to answer your questions...

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: I limp in with my suited connector which is fine. Then I get raised. How should I react to this? Does the 5/10 rule apply to suited connectors, or just low pocket pairs? I kinda justified my call here because of the 5/10 rule, but I knew it might be a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never open limp in 6max.. you should know that by now. I believe if your getting 3:1 odds you should call preflop.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: Should I donk bet like 2.00 here to try to keep the price low? If I do, how do I respond to a raise? Villain bets 3/4 pot here, am I justified in calling? I would need to make an extra 7 dollars on the hand to make the implied odds break even, this seems doable most of the time. But what about the fact that I am possibly drawing to the 2nd best straight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im usually always opening here for about $2.50-$3. If he raises you big then im probably folding.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: The board pairs which is usually a bad sign for draws right? I don't really put him on a boat at this point, but shold I be more apt to throw away? I check and he bets again, I think I overestimated the pot odds I was getting here and probably should have thrown away.

[/ QUOTE ]

without reads i'll just give up here and check/fold.. its not a great board even if we do hit our straight on the river. if i have a good read and think i can get button to lay down a hand i'll fire a second barrel here.

[ QUOTE ]
River: trips on board. So it's settled I should check/fold, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

insta re-raise all in. but seriously, stupid question /images/graemlins/smile.gif all you beat is a bluff.

CazicT
04-26-2007, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Never open limp in 6max.. you should know that by now. I believe if your getting 3:1 odds you should call preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well this was a full ring though 2 people were sitting out. I think the arguments for open limping or open raising can go both ways and really is a matter of style.

My thinking was that I wanted to keep the pot smallish for the flop since I would be frequently drawing and would like the pot to start growing more on the turn and river rounds if I hit. I do understand that raising is nice because it reps a bigger hand and so you can win more often even if you don't hit, but I just didn't go that way this time.

If anyone is interested, the river went check/check and he showed down AQ for the win! I wonder if a donk bet would have folded him?

jmgambler
04-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Raise or fold PF, Never open limp in 6max....... after the button raise I would fold.

Flop: I tend to check here too and hopr for a pissy bet, Fold the turn, notwithstanding your implied I am getting 2.57:1 to call now and the board just top paired and a Q could be a terrible card as Op may have AK.

River C/F