PDA

View Full Version : help concentrating

nelly99
04-26-2007, 12:46 PM
I always seem to be unable to fully concentrate when I play online, but when I play live it seems like I am able to concentrate completely. And for me as probably with a lot of people the ability to concentrate is the difference between my A game and my D game. What are some things that you guys do to help you concentrate while your playing on line. Thanks

shyturtle27
04-26-2007, 12:51 PM
No TV or internet. ONLY HAVE YOUR TABLES ON SCREEN. If you listen to music then set it up before hand so you don't have to mess with it mid-session. Try to concentrate on hands you're not in (easier said than done).

pena
04-26-2007, 12:56 PM
Multitabling helps me to concentrate. Playing 4 tables simultaneously keeps my attention only on poker. When playing only one table at the time, sometimes I catch myself from surfing on web-pages or watching tv at the same time.

TheRenaissance
04-26-2007, 01:04 PM
My biggest leak by far.
After tilt of course.

The_Fan
04-26-2007, 01:31 PM
not getting focussed was a big mistake of mine some month ago!
i was just one-tabling and besides, i`ve been listening to music,checking boards,chattin and stuff.
then i decided to 4-table my current limit and it worked very well.
since that time i'm much more focussed on what i do on the tables and of course i'm getting a higher BB/100 since that time /images/graemlins/wink.gif

so try to kill any distraction and just play poker, like you do in live-tourneys

Quester
04-26-2007, 01:38 PM
You just need to learn to isolate yourself. Use the restroom before you start a session so you won't have to get up. Get comfortable, grab a drink sit down. I have over-the-ear headphones that do a good job isolating noise, so when I have my iPod going I can't hear anything going on around me. I start up poker tracker and poker stars and pick my tables one at a time until I have 4 going. By then, I'm completely isolated and into it to the point where I lose track of time.

wildzer0
04-26-2007, 02:32 PM
This is constantly my biggest problem. I recently discovered one of the absolute best tools for multitabling - it's helped me so much. Check out http://www.overcards.com/wiki/moin.cgi/BigPotGrabber (I'm not associated with the site but it's a free site started by some 2p2 guys). It's an AHK script that grabs hands over a certain size as you're playing and puts them in a list that you can review at your convenience (and they're converted to an easily readable format). Basically, whenever I'm not in a hand, I'm looking over the list. My reads and note taking have improved 500% since I started using this.

ADK
04-26-2007, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Multitabling helps me to concentrate. Playing 4 tables simultaneously keeps my attention only on poker. When playing only one table at the time, sometimes I catch myself from surfing on web-pages or watching tv at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]