PDA

View Full Version : nl25 - jj on button faces blind defender

pena
04-26-2007, 09:38 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($30.70)
UTG ($46.45)
Hero ($35.25)
SB ($24.05)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, SB calls $0.90, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $2.875</font>, Hero calls $2, SB folds.

Flop: ($7) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4.

Turn: ($15) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $9</font>, BB calls $30.45 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $54.45

Opponent seems passive on pre-flop according his stats. 8/11/3.5 @ 59 hands

What would you put him on? When I should have folded this? Right on the flop?
How would you play this?

Rafpig
04-26-2007, 09:42 AM
I would have played it in the same way up to the turn. After he checked I check behind for pot control and to see what river brings. I actually posted yesterday a similar hand, where I had showdown value but couldnīt stand a check-raise on the turn.

04-26-2007, 10:18 AM
By just calling flop you gain no info. Either raise it or fold.

poon
04-26-2007, 10:39 AM
i'd check the turn. Actully he looks pretty tight w/ @8/11, witch dosent sound right... I'd probly fold the flop 70% and raise to 12 30% of the time. At 25nl not very many people 3bet light.

hoyasaxa
04-26-2007, 10:42 AM
your bet on the turn is awful. you should also raise the flop to see where you are

.KeviN.
04-26-2007, 10:52 AM
I dunno about raising the flop even though his bet is so weak. From the stats you gave it doesn't look like hes reraising you light, so without reads this looks like AK of clubs or QQ. But again thats just for your avg micro player. Actually, looking back at this raising the flop is definately a bad idea. When you get in spots like this just remember that you have to keep the pot as small as possible. And DEFINATELY check the turn.

Isura
04-26-2007, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I would have played it in the same way up to the turn. After he checked I check behind for pot control and to see what river brings. I actually posted yesterday a similar hand, where I had showdown value but couldnīt stand a check-raise on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no inherent value in getting to showdowns. What's the point if you can never showdown the best hand!

[ QUOTE ]

By just calling flop you gain no info. Either raise it or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are advocating raising solely for information? Why not use position and his future actions to read his hand?

[ QUOTE ]

your bet on the turn is awful. you should also raise the flop to see where you are

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, no. And turn bet is far far from being awful. It protects our hand against overcards or a lone bigger club. It I think you can fold to a c/r against passive opponents.

This hand looks fine.

Rafpig
04-26-2007, 03:28 PM
I agree with Isura, I really donīt like raising this flop. Use your position. But I still check behind in the turn.

C4LL4W4Y
04-26-2007, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

There is no inherent value in getting to showdowns. What's the point if you can never showdown the best hand!

[/ QUOTE ]
Showdowns are good if we have a good chance to have the best hand, no?

[ QUOTE ]
So you are advocating raising solely for information? Why not use position and his future actions to read his hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
This I agree with.

[ QUOTE ]
Again, no. And turn bet is far far from being awful. It protects our hand against overcards or a lone bigger club. It I think you can fold to a c/r against passive opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]
In this hand, is this ever a spot you're looking to go for pot control against a (pick one) certain opponent?

Isura
04-26-2007, 07:31 PM
This isn't a pot control spot. I may check the turn against an aggressive opponent to avoid a check-raise and face a tough decision. Obviously if they are too aggressive then I snap call the c/r. But if the c/r decision will be close, then I may check (protect my equity in the pot by not being blown off it) and pick off a river bluff.