PDA

View Full Version : 25NL - top 2 on monotone flop IP with resistance

chumofchance
04-26-2007, 05:14 AM
Hey everyone, I'm curious what the "standard" line is for this kind of spot:

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $26.05
BB: $36.95
UTG: $18
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $25.15</font>
BTN: $24.65

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/heart.gif Thttp://legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $0.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.10) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.60</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $3.20</font>, Hero calls $1.60

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($8.50) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $3.50</font>, Hero calls $3.50

<font color="black">River:</font> ($15.50) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets all-in for $29.25</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $29.25 returned to BB

Pot Size: $15.50 ($0.75 Rake)

I don't have many hands on the villain, but he seems like a pretty standard loose-bad 25NL regular. Stats are something like 45/15/1 over 100 hands or so. I don't think I had been at the table for very long, but my image is probably very TAG - I typically run about 18/14/3 or so, sometimes a little looser.

Ok, so I go ahead and bet my top 2 IP when he checks to me on the flop, for protection and value. Should I have reraised his minraise? I don't like just calling for obvious reasons - if he's on the flush draw then he's taken control of the hand, so he can set his price more easily. If he's hit the flop particularly hard, then he can extract quite a lot of value.

So, what do people think about reraising his flop minraise, and then folding to a shove?

Finally, thoughts about the rest of the hand? I assume that folding the river is pretty standard.

tehDiceman
04-26-2007, 05:22 AM
i think i fold to the flop raise. it is a minraise but that is a real scary flop for your hand. if i did call the flop raise, i think i might raise villian on turn. that bet is real small and if he does have a club draw, he is pricing himself in nicely. fold to a push if you raise the turn. instafold the river, if he didnt have it, he does now, not to mention it is grossly overbet.

juggler97531
04-26-2007, 05:34 AM
i think he's play looks like a set.
flop minraise, and turn laugh-bet means: "i have a set super hand the nuts, so i should bet it, but man 3 to the flush i am scared don't want to put too much money". and on the river "ye, i got the fullhouse alllin!!"

Anyways. I like your play on all streets. Flop call is good as we are having huge implied odds if we catch boat, and still might be ahead of A6, or Ace with spade kicker. i can't find a fold to the smallish bet on turn. raising any street looks too dangerous for me, but i am a pussy.

PietM
04-26-2007, 06:03 AM
Besides the set, it could also be a flushdraw. (Don't know if the minraise could warrant that though).

I'd raise his small turn bet, to around $10-$12, to see what villain does to that.

For certain fold to his riverpush.

Waingro
04-26-2007, 06:16 AM
I would absolutely 3bet that flop big. His range is way bigger than sets and flushes. Obviously fold river.

deleteduser
04-26-2007, 06:33 AM
Why not attack the turn? Looks like hes trying to protect his hand on the flop.

I would hit the flop hard, if not, the turn gives you an excellent opportunity to do so. I think hes looking for a non spade card to fall, and will call your aggressive bet not seeing one; I think your ahead here the majority of times.

corsakh
04-26-2007, 06:44 AM
I dont like calling minreraise. I especially dont like calling them on monotone board. Shove.

deleteduser
04-26-2007, 06:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont like calling minreraise. I especially dont like calling them on monotone board. Shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel as though minraise's are a strong predictor of the nutz, which totally goes against my previous post but does anyone else feel this way at these levels?

corsakh
04-26-2007, 06:49 AM
Not at 25. At 25 its more like "oi lets play a bluff game" or "oi i just saw a squirrel" (c).

Pirelli
04-26-2007, 07:19 AM
I call the flop raise, raise the turn to $15 and call a push. You will often see combo draws here or worse aces/aces up. Of course you will also see sets and baby flushes too.

I don't mind just calling his turn bet hoping to induce a river bluff on a non spade board. I think you played it fine.

NHBuddy
04-26-2007, 09:59 AM
Def agree with what some of the people are saying.

He's really really bad if he's min raising with a set on that flop. Either raise the flop get a better understanding of where you stand, or preferably smooth call flop and raise turn when blank hits.

His turn bet looks more like "I'm scared and don't want to put too much $ in the pot on a dagerous board," or "I don't want him too bet too much, let me make a blocking bet so I can cheaply draw to the flush" than it looks like "I have the nuts and I'm going to try to maximize pot, or induce a raise from him."