PDA

View Full Version : 99 with some confusion

tehDiceman
04-26-2007, 04:01 AM
villian was playing a little strange so this hand will probably look a little strange to you guys but his minor overbet on the river made me feel like he had a donked club draw or maybe a missed straight draw. thoughts?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($3.68)
MP ($8.22)
Button ($2.10)
SB ($2.95)
Hero ($5.03)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.02, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.08</font>, MP calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.17) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.16</font>, MP calls $0.16.

Turn: ($0.49) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $0.25</font>, Hero calls $0.25.

River: ($0.99) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1.

Final Pot: $2.99

Panic__NL
04-26-2007, 04:04 AM
YOu just posted the KK hand, where you blocked the turn, this looks like a similar situation and here you check/call why?
As played I call the river as well.

tehDiceman
04-26-2007, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
YOu just posted the KK hand, where you blocked the turn, this looks like a similar situation and here you check/call why?
As played I call the river as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was much earlier in the session so i think my mindset was a little different and as i said in the KK hand, i havent really done the blocking bet thing much but i know that i need to. it would probably help out on those pots where i have a decent hand but villians continually float me, which happened a ton tonight.

kaz2107
04-26-2007, 04:11 AM
just give up these marginal spots at ur limit. they r super tough to play and not worth tha hastle imo. u fired ur cbet and he called. just give up from their. wait for tp or better to start extractin value. no need to get all fancy at this limit when people will pay u off plenty when u have a good hand. playin these marginal spots is prolly hurtin ur win rate alot as it looks like u want to play them but then get caught in tough spots and cant get urself out of them. id suggest nitting up post flop a lot based on these last 2 hands. im rarely callin turn bets without a good draw or tp at 100nl so i deff wouldnt b doin this much if ever at this limit.

Archon_Wing
04-26-2007, 04:14 AM
Calling the turn is rather iffy. I wouldn't do it often unless villain was fairly aggro. River to me is a pretty obv fold. You beat air, really.

tehDiceman
04-26-2007, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
just give up these marginal spots at ur limit. they r super tough to play and not worth tha hastle imo. u fired ur cbet and he called. just give up from their. wait for tp or better to start extractin value. no need to get all fancy at this limit when people will pay u off plenty when u have a good hand. playin these marginal spots is prolly hurtin ur win rate alot as it looks like u want to play them but then get caught in tough spots and cant get urself out of them. id suggest nitting up post flop a lot based on these last 2 hands. im rarely callin turn bets without a good draw or tp at 100nl so i deff wouldnt b doin this much if ever at this limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree and i do play fairly tight. 6k hands im at 17/10/3.

kaz2107
04-26-2007, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree and i do play fairly tight. 6k hands im at 17/10/3.

[/ QUOTE ]
not so much tight preflop. wut ever preflop but it appears u need to simplify ur postflop game a lot to me. if u r strugglin tha best thing u can do is NOT get urself into spots that r marginal. thus dont do marginal [censored] on the turn cuz tha river will b MORE marginal. mistakes on early streets multiply and make later streets tougher

tehDiceman
04-26-2007, 04:29 AM
i hear you on that one. i was always getting into situations with junk draws and it took some time to resolve that issue. now i fold most of my draws, especially out of position. im at the point that i dislike the tough spots so much that i refuse to let myself get into them. i can think of 2 or 3 OESD that i had tonight that i just let go on the flop over 1/2 or 3/4 pot. that could be good or bad but i just hate drawing since i have that feeling that if i call the flop, they are firing again on two more streets wether i hit or not.

Fiksdal
04-26-2007, 04:53 AM
I wish more games would have the option to buy in for 250 bbs like this one. It seems very nice, given that the fishies don't understand the huuge implied odds/rev. implied odds concept that comes with it. You can play pocket pairs and suited connectors sooo profitably against bad players when that deep.

Example: 45/3/3 fish miniraises UTG when we are 250bbs deep. I call with like any two saying "sweeeet".

Anyway.

Raise more preflop obv

The turn call is alright, especially if villain is agressive. Stats would be helpful. If villain is passive, I'd actually rather fold the turn. But a lot of villains would take a stab there given your weak line, so the call isn't bad.

The river being pot sized and all, and you have already shown a willingness to call down. Your hand does only beat a bluff. Villain seems to be value betting a hand that is at least QT. You are getting 2 to 1, I can not see villain bluffing &gt; 33% of the time here. Easy fold.

That is, villain has to have a very high agression /river agression factor for me to call this.

tehDiceman
04-26-2007, 04:59 AM
with one limper i should have raised to .10. most of the time i do. he turned over two number cards with a straight. i got no respect on that raise preflop. however, i was owning another table, they would open fold the river in pots against me. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

chanchuan
04-26-2007, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but i just hate drawing since i have that feeling that if i call the flop, they are firing again on two more streets wether i hit or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
This sounds rather like a good reason for drawing, you hit on the turn, they fire anyway, you get the implied odds you need.

tehDiceman
04-26-2007, 05:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but i just hate drawing since i have that feeling that if i call the flop, they are firing again on two more streets wether i hit or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
This sounds rather like a good reason for drawing, you hit on the turn, they fire anyway, you get the implied odds you need.

[/ QUOTE ]

cept i always miss the turn and they headshot me. /images/graemlins/frown.gif