PDA

View Full Version : KK with some action

tehDiceman
04-26-2007, 03:56 AM
villian not really getting out of line but definately not the best of players. i hated a turn check since the 3 doesnt change my position anymore cept bringing more possible draws so i put out a blocking bet. once they called it i was really only worried about an ace so i just checked the river and would call a reasonable bet but it got checked behind. good line or donk play?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($1.72)
Hero ($5.22)
BB ($2.22)
UTG ($1)
MP ($1.11)
CO ($4.31)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG posts a blind of $0.02.
UTG (poster) checks, MP calls $0.02, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.02, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.16</font>, BB calls $0.14, UTG folds, MP calls $0.14, Button folds.

Flop: ($0.52) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.5</font>, BB calls $0.50, MP folds.

Turn: ($1.52) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.4</font>, BB calls $0.40.

River: ($2.32) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: $2.32

Panic__NL
04-26-2007, 04:00 AM
if you want to blockbet the turn, which is a good idea imo, I bet a little bit more, like 0.80.
check behind on river is the wise thing to do.

tehDiceman
04-26-2007, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if you want to blockbet the turn, which is a good idea imo, I bet a little bit more, like 0.80.
check behind on river is the wise thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

im new at the block betting idea so im not really sure on sizing. i didnt want to bet a lot because i could be WB at that point but checking just seemed so terrible that i couldnt bring myself to do it.

Panic__NL
04-26-2007, 04:04 AM
ehm, my mistake you did not check behind on river, still good check.
Blockers are about 1/2 the potsize I think.

prodonkey
04-26-2007, 04:06 AM
your turn bet says take the pot away from me.. please! If you're going to bet less on the turn than on the flop.. just check.

kaz2107
04-26-2007, 04:08 AM
i bet the flop and then give up after that. he isnt foldin an A here and prolly isnt gonna b semi bluffin with a draw here too often. so i check tha turn and call a small bet on the river if it gets to that stage.

juggler97531
04-26-2007, 04:09 AM
i think after ace flops then even going into check/fold mode is not a bad play.
You are against two players which on 1c/2cNL doesn't like to fold any Ace preflop.
after you get called on the flop you should go into check-fold mode.
You know he will never fold Ace, but can also be affraid to bet it himself if he's kicker is weak. To continue betting is spew imho.
Wait for better spot to play big pot(when you have big Ace on this flop, or your KK doesn't see Ace on the flop)

tehDiceman
04-26-2007, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think after ace flops then even going into check/fold mode is not a bad play.
You are against two players which on 1c/2cNL doesn't like to fold any Ace preflop.
after you get called on the flop you should go into check-fold mode.
You know he will never fold Ace, but can also be affraid to bet it himself if he's kicker is weak. To continue betting is spew imho.
Wait for better spot to play big pot(when you have big Ace on this flop, or your KK doesn't see Ace on the flop)

[/ QUOTE ]

it was to the point tonight that if the cbet got called then i went into check/fold mode and tons of misc pots were taken from me, probably by villians who had jack squat but figured that if i slow down on the turn it is theres if they want. most of those same villians are folding to a double barrel by me as well, almost like clockwork. i even bluff double barrelled a couple of villians that were floating me constantly and that typically took down the pot.

when betting the 40 cents, i felt like it wasnt awesome either just because it was smaller than the flop bet. i am still a little bit results oriented in hands of this particular nature(oh, i have KK but there is an A, he has to have the A, dont blow too much money on this hand).

juggler97531
04-26-2007, 04:19 AM
if your contbets get called all the time stop doing it without the hand.
i believe that thinking "oh, i have KK but there is an A, he has to have the A, dont blow too much money on this hand" is not result oriented, but proper way of thinking about this hand. If you have KK 2/3 of the time the ace will not flop and you will spike nice pot. If you will reguarly play big pots with KK on Ace high board your winrate with this hand will go down.

Edit: you opponent also see the Ace and he knows you raised preflop, so you are more than usual likely to have the Ace, and still he is not scared of it.

tehDiceman
04-26-2007, 04:25 AM
i wouldnt say they get called all the time, in fact, i cant even get villians to call them when i have the goods, let alone without.