PDA

View Full Version : NL50 QTo, flop top pair, called flop, bet turn when checked to?

JROK777
04-26-2007, 01:55 AM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($7.25, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $5</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($17.25, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $12</font>, SB calls.

River: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($41.25, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

Results:
Final pot: $41.2

First off, anyone think it's a mistake to raise shorty with QTo here? I like it against a 100bb stack, but am wondering if its really profitable against a SS that you can't pressure. The blind player calling me was tight and set off a warning bell. Should I fire the turn here when checked to? I wasn't paying off a river bet in this hand as played. Comment on all streets...

whyzze
04-26-2007, 02:05 AM
it wreaks of a draw. Betting the turn is good, as is checking behind on the river.

if you are gonna raise this preflop, I think you should be prepared to reraise the flop when you get donked into on a drawy board...then fold to 3bet.

PJo336
04-26-2007, 02:06 AM
Thats a big pot for top pair weak kicker. Stack sizes?

No raise pre, limp if neccessary.
Flop the call is standard, maybe pop it up to see where you stand but with position im fine with calling.
Turn CHECK..keep this pot SMALL with a weak hand. Remember you wanna build pots with STRONG hands and keep it small with vunerable hands.
River standard, if the pot were smaller from a check on the turn you could call a bet on the river but as it is built up you would have to fold.

Remember keep it small when vunerable, especially easier when in position

PietM
04-26-2007, 02:09 AM
We need stacksizes...

I agree with whyzze, I don't think you can call this flop-bet. Folding it is too weak IMO, so raise it up, and fold to three-bet or proceed with a ton of caution after a call...

I have no clue if the pre-flop raise is good or not. That totally depends on the tightness of CO and his willingness to fold to a c/b...
Without reads I'd fold this pre-flop, I think...