PDA

View Full Version : 50NL BVB made a boat vs. possible flush....extraction

JROK777
04-26-2007, 01:42 AM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif
4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, BB calls.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($3, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, BB calls.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($9, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $6.25</font>, BB calls.

River: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($21.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $12.75</font>, BB calls.

Results:
Final pot: $47

Villian is 27/15/2. He prolly views me as a solid LAG 23/19/4 I thought villian was drawing in this hand. I thought about making a 1/2 pot size "fake blocking bet" on the river to induce a shove. Should I just open push the river here, bet half the pot, or make a 80% value bet? What's the best way to get paid? Villian had a flush.

Yaboosh
04-26-2007, 01:48 AM
If you are sure he has a flush and folds most of the hands that are worse, check raise all in.

Edit: Every indication you have given is an overpair. If he checks behind with a flush here, he is the most horribly weak player I have ever seen.

whyzze
04-26-2007, 01:57 AM
I think you played this well. You have to be the river because in a BVB situation u can get called down with very little on the river, you would be losing value for sure.

Now, if you think he is drawing you may want to check the turn after you hit basically the nuts. A villian of that sort will usually take a stab at the pot with anything here, and it makes you seem weak. Following this train of thought, it should set you up for a nice crai all in on the river when the flush gets there.

ALSO, even if the flush misses, you can check to him and get max value from a bluff.

Although, theres not much to complain about the way the hand ended up besides him being a nit.

catfish_01
04-26-2007, 02:17 AM
I like to check-raise the river. Whatever he's called you with at this point is either helped by the flush completing it or not. If he's helped by the flush he will bet the river (and if he doesn't, sigh, his 2.0 aggresion factor is so misleading!) Or if he is not helped by the flush, he may think you're scared of it and try to bluff it. I think checking to him is slightly more ev; you can trap his money in. As for an AI shove or a lessor shove, I guess if you're going for the c-r you might as well go for the gusto as long as the stacks aren't like 200 bb deep (in which case a pot sized raise might be best since non nut baby flushes might not be that brave.)

sww
04-26-2007, 02:44 AM
I don't like check raise here since there must be other hands too in villain's range which are likely to call a bet but will be happy to get a cheap showdown. I think the standard should be a shove actually but as played it is fine. I could consider even a bit weaker bet to make sure that villain is not satisfied to the value he thinks he gets out of his flush. Also, turn is fine, I don't like check there at all especially given your image. Only thing could be a check raise but I think thats too much.

Yaboosh
04-26-2007, 02:54 AM
A shove folds out all the hands you are afraid of checking behind, and maybe a small flush (depending on the villain) and a straight.

Panic__NL
04-26-2007, 03:20 AM
Just some thougths:

If he always pays you off the wya you played it, you make 45 every time.
If he pays you off 2 out of 5 times you bet pot size, you make 37 on average
If he pays you of 1 out of 4 times you shove, you make 30 on average.

It is very much Villian dependend and based on reads what you think the appropriate numbers should be.

Gelford
04-26-2007, 04:14 AM
I'd just instinctively would go for the longshot and shove this one

maccamack
04-26-2007, 05:20 AM
You think he is drawing and every possible draw got there - pot size bet on the river.

.xxxx.
04-26-2007, 09:39 AM
give us some stacks here yea? Also, I tend to pot the turn/river if you've decided to take this line. When you improve that much on the turn, why not C/R instead of setting yourself up for a smaller value bet than you would have liked on the river to make sure its called. If you check and he checks behind, then a draw making card like the flush/weird straight completing 7 comes down, your best bet again is C/R. For each line you could have taken here, there's definitely a more aggressive way to do it.

barryc83
04-26-2007, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd just instinctively would go for the longshot and shove this one

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. See if he can fold a flush/straight, usually they dont.

Fiksdal
04-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Shove river. If villain has a flush he is calling.

Isura
04-26-2007, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Shove river. If villain has a flush he is calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

We get a flush's money anyways because he thinks he has the nuts on the 4 straight board. I like the bet, or would go for the c/r. The bet allows him to payoff with a lot of crap hands like two pair, straight. And he won't necessarily bet those. But if you think he is likely to have the flush (but won't raise a non-nut flush), then go for teh c/r since he will still payoff given that line.

Supwithbates
04-26-2007, 01:48 PM
Villain's range:
Straight
flush
overpair/top pair type hands

I think the first 2 call a shove, and the last one folds to a shove.

However, the first two might raise if you bet smaller, whereas the last one will call. The straight might also just call.

I'd bet 2/3 pot and hope he shoves over my bet
check/raise misses value from group 3 which obv check behind, and maybe gains a little value from straight, gains nothing from flush which is raising your bet anyways

kurto
04-26-2007, 02:06 PM
I don't like going for the checkraise. Its possible that the villain puts YOU on a draw and is afraid of all your possibilities. It would make me cry if he checked behind.

If you want to induce him to be aggressive I'd prefer to bet weak and hope he raises... that way, you can get some value if he doesn't feel strong enough to bet but also can induce a raise.

A lot of people still fall for the "I am strong so I'm acting weak" no matter how often its used.

.xxxx.
04-26-2007, 04:27 PM
going for the C/R on the turn would allow you to see if villain is drawing to some degree and you could lead push the river draw making card.

jmgambler
04-26-2007, 05:25 PM
I think your play is fine.... *shrugs* Villain could have TT and any bigger river bet he folds