PDA

View Full Version : Pay this off?

thebruce
04-26-2007, 12:54 AM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $55.35
BB: $31.45
UTG: $75.45
MP: $94.35
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $98.50</font>
BTN: $26.95

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="red">MP raises to $2</font>, Hero calls $2, 2 folds, BB calls $1.50, UTG calls $1.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($8.25) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (4 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $3</font>, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10.50</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $7.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($29.25) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $10</font>, UTG calls $10

<font color="black">River:</font> ($49.25) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $14</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $63.25 ($2.35 Rake)

At 4.5/1, need I pay this off?

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them" — Laurence J. Peter

Consequently, I can't make up my mind....

ajml
04-26-2007, 01:01 AM
I would fold or 3 bet this preflop. From your position I would fold this 100% of the time unless I had a really good reason. I'd be more apt to 3 bet out of the blinds if the guy had a high ATSB. As played probably check the turn to keep the pot small and not put yourself in this spot though it kinda sucks because there are so many draws. Anyways on this river I'd still fold.

creamfillin
04-26-2007, 01:02 AM
This is pretty bad. PF is meh. You aren't playing JT for pair value. Your turn bet sucks. You beat nothing. River is a fold.

Panic__NL
04-26-2007, 01:04 AM
If you play JTs against a raise, you should not overplay the hand when you hit TP, I think your reraise on the flop is not the right way to play this hand. You built a large pot with a mediocre hand.
I would have called the flop, hope to improve on the turn, see if Villian was cbetting the flop or was betting for value and keep the pot small.

shyturtle27
04-26-2007, 01:07 AM
Fold PF unless purely for str8/flush value and you think you'll get payed. Flop not good. I'd fold. Turn is weak. If you're gonna fire then bet atleast 20. As is fold river, but you shouldn't have been in this spot anyway.

HANABI
04-26-2007, 01:57 AM
Such a huge pot with weak top pair. Yes there are draws out but your hand is kinda weaksauce considering it was a 5 way pot to begin with. I dislike the flop raise, the turn bet isn't consistent with the flop raise.. it's too weak and serves no purpose. If you feel that your hand needs protection then bet more. As you played it fold the river me thinks

Waingro
04-26-2007, 06:21 AM
Actually I think this is a pretty good spot for tpnk. UTG is very likely drawing, so raise more on the flop and bet more on the turn and obviously fold river, since you now beat nothing.

deleteduser
04-26-2007, 06:29 AM
I don't like the spot your getting yourself into post flop. Without hitting a monster draw your hand is marginal. Dont build large pots with marginal hands. A good read here would be if villin over plays low pocket pairs, and really that would be the only reason why I would go as far as you did this hand.

Pirelli
04-26-2007, 07:45 AM
I don't think the preflop call is terrible. You have position and a good drawing hand.

I just call the flop and fold to a turn bet. If you're going to raise, bet the turn correctly. He isn't making a big mistake drawing against that bet. $20 - $25 is better, then check behind on the river or fold to a spade.

I prefer checking behind on the turn to betting $10.