PDA

View Full Version : NL25 Flop Flush in sb

PoliticalRefugee
04-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Don't know how to play this as I can't see many marginal hands calling a bet and the decent hands (set, overpairs) would probably go the distance. Presumeing I'm the only one to flop a flush a heart will still cause problems if someone is in with a Q K A of hearts.

Help I'm confused.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($24.25)
BB ($38.25)
UTG ($24.10)
MP ($25.50)
Button ($24.25)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.25, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $1.25</font>, Button calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.25) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero ???

jmgambler
04-25-2007, 08:04 PM
My 1st thought is too fold PF, normally raises from the BB here means at least a more than half decent hand.

As played I am tempted to check my 118-1 shot and "expect" the BB to make a hefty bet, then make a hefty C/R here, I really dont want to see a heart here.
If its checked around, come out swinging the turn to a non /images/graemlins/heart.gif

jamez_kerry
04-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Bet out. If someone has a big heart they'll call or even raise you. If not then they'll fold and you probably weren't gonna get much out of the hand anyways.

Kasane
04-25-2007, 08:40 PM
What kind of player are the other two guys?

My usual would be to bet out. Hope BB has something big that he'll repop. There are a lot of hands that will give you action that you'll be happy to get. A c/r will look even stronger and fold out stuff that will put more money in with a raise. And you're going to hate a flush turn. Hate, hate, hate it. It will kill any action if you're ahead, and suck you dry if you're behind.

PF, eh, with button in there, it's marginal calling BB's raise. The nice thing is that BB is going to think you're a donk for calling his PF raise, and he's going to think your donkbet is you continuing to be a donk. If he folds, well, okay, he didn't have anything to make any money out of anyway.

I'm ignoring MP for the time being -- but MP being in there will make BB more likely to raise it up.