PDA

View Full Version : 50NL Flopped middle set 200BB

rakes.a.beach
04-25-2007, 04:45 PM
Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $2</font>, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($8, 4 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $4.5</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $20</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises all-in $123.1</font>, Hero ???

I have $110, villian covers. Villian is one of the best 50NLers on absolute. He runs something like 16/10/4.5/450 hands. I've never seen him make a move on me.

Maneh
04-25-2007, 04:49 PM
i go to felt with this hand all day

dimeetrees
04-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Its a pretty dry flop texture. So personally, if you claim hero is so good, why would he push here? Probably because hes happy with the pot.

Theres no way ANYONE is folding here, if he has 10's, then its a cooler. Call and hope for the best. Set over sets are so rare that you cant even worry about them.

kaz2107
04-25-2007, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Absolute Poker
5 players

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $2</font>, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($8, 4 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $4.5</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $20</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises all-in $123.1</font>, Hero ???

I have $110, villian covers. Villian is one of the best 50NLers on absolute (besides bevillthedevil). He runs something like 16/10/4.5/450 hands. I've never seen him make a move on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp /images/graemlins/grin.gif

as for tha hand i honestly dont kno wut to tell ya. i have to call as there is one [censored] hand that beats us and there r only 2 different hand combos of that that beat us. he might b tiltiing a bit or just simply over playin an over pair or tp hand. i dont fold a set on the flop at 50nl. that is just insane.

doppelganger
04-25-2007, 04:54 PM
He would obviously do this with TT or 22, the only question is will he make this push with 34. If we will, it's a call. If he'd only do this with a set, it's probably still a call since he's more likely to try and extract w/ TT and push you out w/ 22.

Ok, I think it's a call.

barryc83
04-25-2007, 04:56 PM
Comon dont fold. He could easily be overplaying an overpair here and you have the 2nd nuts ffs.

.KeviN.
04-25-2007, 05:01 PM
definately a cooler..gotta call thou a 5s comin on the turn

and12006
04-25-2007, 05:02 PM
His raise looks scary but its such a dry board and you have a set no way I'd fold this here.

Triggerle
04-25-2007, 05:19 PM
I think this is an overpair the majority of the time. A 16/10 usually won't raise UTG with 34. TT is possible but AA/KK/QQ/JJ/22 are entirely within his range and make way more combos than TT.

rakes.a.beach
04-25-2007, 05:22 PM
okay. just a line check. I called, coolered with TT obv.

Worst downswing of my career. 4bis in 400 hands.

rakes.a.beach
04-25-2007, 05:28 PM
Anyone have any idea why the hell he pushed on such a dry board?

I've never played with bevillthedevil before.

Ikaika
04-25-2007, 05:32 PM
ugh thats so gross, coolers like that just suck...that doesn't even tilt me it just makes me go awwww man ::sadface::

He probably figured you had slowplayed AA or had flopped a smaller set and were gonna get all the money in the middle anyway based on the action so far on the flop. If he raises and DOESN'T put you all in, I'd be way more suspicious of TT than I would be if he shoved like he did.

kaz2107
04-25-2007, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
he does this with a set here because he has to play it weird against regs. he cant use tha stack a donk line or n e thing else. he needs to make u wonder "wtf i cant put him on a range so imma call with AT or w/e)

just mixin it up against a reg to keep u wonderin. cant b predictable.

dont worry bout tha downswing. if that is ur worst ever u sir r sooooo lucky. wait for my graph at tha end of tha month /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bevilthadevil is poster on here who doesnt post a ton but is postin more and plays 50nl. (hes also my roomy /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

eigenvalue
04-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Honestly, you cannot call this push! Your reraise clearly signals a set on this dry board. It's not possible that you have a 2 pair hand, an overpair on your side is very unlikely, too, though I don't know how often you reraise with JJ+ OOB. When he pushs, he knows that he will get called by a set and he looses to any set in case he has 22. TT is the only hand he can have here, unless he is running a monster bluff on you.

davidyang
04-25-2007, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, you cannot call this push! Your reraise clearly signals a set on this dry board. It's not possible that you have a 2 pair hand, an overpair on your side is very unlikely, too, though I don't know how often you reraise with JJ+ OOB. When he pushs, he knows that he will get called by a set and he looses to any set in case he has 22. TT is the only hand he can have here, unless he is running a monster bluff on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're either the greatest player in the world, or you're being incredibly results-oriented. im gonna go with the latter.

prodonkey
04-25-2007, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
he does this with a set here because he has to play it weird against regs. he cant use tha stack a donk line or n e thing else. he needs to make u wonder "wtf i cant put him on a range so imma call with AT or w/e)

just mixin it up against a reg to keep u wonderin. cant b predictable.

dont worry bout tha downswing. if that is ur worst ever u sir r sooooo lucky. wait for my graph at tha end of tha month /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bevilthadevil is poster on here who doesnt post a ton but is postin more and plays 50nl. (hes also my roomy /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see it as that weird.. you've told him u pretty much love your hand and want to get money in there.. so why not shove? There are no real draws for u to be raising on.. he put u on a big hand and thinks he can stack u right there.

Khaos4k
04-25-2007, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Comon dont fold. He could easily be overplaying an overpair here and you have the 2nd nuts ffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

dpis
04-25-2007, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Absolute Poker
5 players

I have $110, villian covers. Villian is one of the best 50NLers on absolute. He runs something like 16/10/4.5/450 hands. I've never seen him make a move on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's villain's SN?

yeotaJMU
04-25-2007, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good god plz sit at my table. OP, get it in obv, 10 10 sucks but folding here would be worse than takin it in the bum from a black guy

jmgambler
04-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Hero calls ......... If he has TT, what crap play ....You have the 2nd best hand, how can you fold here?

jmgambler
04-25-2007, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the "push" here is to mix it up and signal weakness....(like betting $20 on the river, when the pot is $5 and you have the nuts) he got lucky 99% of the time its folded

jmgambler
04-25-2007, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Set over sets are so rare that you cant even worry about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

T0ne D0wn
04-25-2007, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Worst downswing of my career. 4bis in 400 hands

[/ QUOTE ]
Try 4 buyins over 100k hands at higher levels.

kaz2107
04-25-2007, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yo sir r WAY too weak tight. lol. if u arent callin a push on the flop wit tha 2nd nutz and there only being 2 combos to tha nutz in tha whole deck then u prolly should not play in such high staked games.

BevillTheDevil
04-25-2007, 09:27 PM
about the hand...im callin all day but...

[ QUOTE ]

Worst downswing of my career. 4bis in 400 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

4bins considerin 200 or 100BB?? if 100BB this is nothing and your gona kill yourself when you have a 10+ swing...if 200BB wow thats a bad ~1hr sesh, tilting??