PDA

View Full Version : 25NL: Killed the deck

PJo336
04-25-2007, 02:58 PM
This is one of those flops where its hard for the opponent to have anything. But, I always C bet so itd be kinda akward to check. DO i just bet and pray, or check and remember that this is micro and probably no one has noticed I c bet every time?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.10/$0.25 Blinds
5 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/)

SB: $5.70
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $34.20</font>
<font color="black">UTG: $25.45</font>
CO: $32.90
BTN: $19.50

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, 2 folds, SB calls $0.15, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, UTG calls $0.75, SB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.25) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.25</font>, UTG folds
Uncalled bet of $2.25 returned to Hero

Pot Size: $2.25 ($0.10 Rake)

This guy sat down a little bit ago, so who knows how he plays

Tito
04-25-2007, 03:01 PM
I think you bet too much. $1/$1.50 he probably would have called. You don't have any cards to worry about on the turn so I would prefer a smallish bet and see if he can catch up. Bet 3/4 pot on turn no matter what hits.

PJo336
04-25-2007, 03:08 PM
1-1.50 would look weird if anyone was paying attention, bc usually it would be a c bet between 1.75 and 2.25

Vyse
04-25-2007, 03:11 PM
you cbet too much

Bowlboy
04-25-2007, 03:13 PM
checking the flop here is fine imo especially if villain is aggro enough to try to take it away from you. If he's tight he most likely completely missed this flop so checking may be the only way to get action out of the hand. Seems like whenever I try this though they check behind on flop and fold to a turn bet lol.

Waingro
04-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Bet this flop the same amount youŽd bet if you had missed, if you check and then come alive is sort of giveaway. Maybe he has a stubborn pocket pair or he will try a float or something.

monkeymaps
04-25-2007, 03:25 PM
Against someone who c-bets like 90% of the time checking the flop is pretty transparent IMO I see it all the time at 25NL TAGs c-bet air/and TP 2Pair then check the flop when they hit a set I think you just have to make a standard bet here and hope you get played back at.

CazicT
04-25-2007, 03:29 PM
Checking is an option. But if you are going to CB, it should probably be less. half to 2/3 of the pot. Even if you hit TPTK with AJ here, you shouldn't default to a pot sized bet because there aren't any draws you need to protect at this point. That's my take anyway.

tarheeljks
04-25-2007, 03:34 PM
if he just sat down, then he can't know that you have been cbetting a lot.

CheapFlop
04-25-2007, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you bet too much. $1/$1.50 he probably would have called. You don't have any cards to worry about on the turn so I would prefer a smallish bet and see if he can catch up. Bet 3/4 pot on turn no matter what hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't worry about making that weak bet and villain calling a flop c-bet chasing a straight on the turn????

Tito
04-25-2007, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't worry about making that weak bet and villain calling a flop c-bet chasing a straight on the turn????

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually no. The only hands he's likely to have is 34, A3, or A4. A 1.50 bet wouldn't be giving villain correct odds to chase anyway so that's exactly what we want him to do. I also said bet 3/4 pot on turn no matter what comes out. Even if villain does make his straight on the turn we could still fill up on the river.

PJo336
04-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Im not too worried about this guy calling UTG with 34, although who knows in uNL. Id have to suspect he had something like Q10 or Ax and didnt pair up. I doubt I could get anything outta him unless I let him bluff, which I dont think he did very often

Leviathan101
04-25-2007, 04:10 PM
I'd check it. There is almost no chance he hits a better hand for free, and he might catch a set, two pair, or overcard and put his stack in. it's 25nl. They barely notice how loose or tight you are and probably don't notice much about pots their not in. So they probably won't realize you c-bet almost always.

PJo336
04-25-2007, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd check it. There is almost no chance he hits a better hand for free, and he might catch a set, two pair, or overcard and put his stack in. it's 25nl. They barely notice how loose or tight you are and probably don't notice much about pots their not in. So they probably won't realize you c-bet almost always.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh I agree, I should have checked and prayed an ace hit the turn. I was just too excited to think becaused that was my first set outta 18 pkt pairs