PDA

View Full Version : NL 25 - I hate TPGK

Maksim
04-25-2007, 02:54 PM
<font color="red"> *****HAND 1***** </font>

There is no stats on him.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $36.55
BB: $41.31
UTG: $45.42
<font color="black">Hero (MP): $25</font>
CO: $19.35
BTN: $26.08

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $1, 2 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.35) A/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, BTN calls $1.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($5.35) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.50</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $8</font>, Hero - ???

Pot Size: $16.85

<font color="red"> *****HAND 2***** </font>

Opponent - 48\5\12 (but only 23 hands)

His Turn and river bets were too small, that is why I have called them.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

SB: $19.45
BB: $26.43
UTG: $36.80
MP: $41.31
CO: $34.12
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $23.65</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
2 folds, CO calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $1

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.85) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $0.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, CO calls $2.75

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($9.85) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2

<font color="black">River:</font> ($13.85) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5

Pot Size: $23.85 ($1.15 Rake)

How will you play this two hands.

We Major
04-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Hand 1: I fold because raising seems bad and I have no plan if he fires on the river again. It looks kind of like 2 pair (A9) to me.

Hand 2: I tend to raiset he turn because it looks like he's on a draw trying to draw cheaply. When the diamond comes, I fold this. I dont' think he's betting a set or a 2P hand that weakly. The worst hand he plays like this is AK...but even then I think he checks the river.

Go_BroKe
04-25-2007, 04:06 PM
Hand1: is a standard fold for me

Hand2: I'm gonna play it the same way as you. Folding this weak bet on the River just because of the 3rd diamond looks weak. I don't think he is calling that flop with 2 diamonds to get that running flush. i think he has a weaker king or a small PP.

When we raise this turn to $14 we are comitted and i don' want to go broke wit TPGK - So I do pot control here.

IMO

Ikaika
04-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Weird hand. I'd be tempted to raise the turn(I don't think he has a diamond draw since no two diamonds make sense calling the flop raise), but that folds out worse K's and gets sets to shove. I'd probably c/c too but only for lack of any other idea how to play it.

We Major
04-25-2007, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Weird hand. I'd be tempted to raise the turn(I don't think he has a diamond draw since no two diamonds make sense calling the flop raise), but that folds out worse K's and gets sets to shove. I'd probably c/c too but only for lack of any other idea how to play it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think an A2d or an A3d might play this way. Also a 45d.

Although with a 42VPIP and 12AF check calling doesn't look bad.

Leviathan101
04-25-2007, 04:22 PM
H1: I might go broke if i know the villian is bad but with no reads, this a standard baluga case. Fold it.

H2: I play it the same way.

JNuey
04-25-2007, 04:31 PM
H1: Standard fold
H2: The flop raise doesn't need to be to any more than $3, almost 5x his raise is just unnecessary. The block betting here really looks like you need to raise the turn here, I really think this a good example of where the weak leading means a weak hand. His range looks like KT/K9/K8&lt; and a hand like a medium pair 55-99 that he missed. I raise turn and if he calls plan a check/check or check/call river.

Maksim
04-26-2007, 05:40 AM
1. Hero fold

2.CO had 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (a flush, Ace high) and WON ( $10.95)
Hero had Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif (a pair of Kings) and LOST (-$11.75)

deleteduser
04-26-2007, 06:22 AM
1. Fold in this spot but does anyone else not play it has quick because your OOP?

2. Looks fine I'd play it the same

Waingro
04-26-2007, 06:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Hero fold

2.CO had 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (a flush, Ace high) and WON ( $10.95)
Hero had Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif (a pair of Kings) and LOST (-$11.75)

[/ QUOTE ]
1. fold

2. that turn donk bet is confusing, I think you are excused for not interpreting as a fd. IŽd play it the same.

04-26-2007, 06:31 AM

deleteduser
04-26-2007, 06:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Hand fold? Against a minraise with a flushdraw on the board ... why the ****? Call turn. If the flush arrives check/fold, if the flush do not arrives check/call half pot, if you hit the Q or the Ace go broke.
Dont know whether its right. Would be nice if someone better could answer this question (hand1).
thx

[/ QUOTE ]

Limped pot, check raise turn = set

poon
04-26-2007, 07:50 AM
hand 1 looks like standard donk slowplay of trips,

hand 2 i like raising the turn to 8-10 and checking behind on river, i think he has a weak king here most of the time.

Pirelli
04-26-2007, 07:59 AM
Hand 1 looks good. He has a set most of the time.

Hand 2 I play the same.

Jaqrabbit
04-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Hand1 definitely looks like a slow-played set to me, maybe two pair, but either way you're beat. It could also be a semi-bluff on the club flush draw, but I would fold to the turn raise.

Hand2 I would definitely think flush and/or straight (A4,45 or similar) draw and raise the turn to maybe $6 or $8 and hope for a fold. On the other hand, this guy looks pretty loose and might call any size raise to chase his draw. If you don't think he'll fold to the raise, I'd say the call is right.

ocdscale
04-26-2007, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand2 I would definitely think flush and/or straight (A4,45 or similar) draw and raise the turn to maybe $6 or $8 and hope for a fold. On the other hand, this guy looks pretty loose and might call any size raise to chase his draw. If you don't think he'll fold to the raise, I'd say the call is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I agree with this. I agree with your observation that at micro-limits, there are a lot of people who will chase draws without outs, but doesn't that necessitate that you raise them to punish their draws?

HandHack1
04-26-2007, 11:25 AM
Hand 1 shoulda called - you had top pair.

Shoulda fold

Jaqrabbit
04-26-2007, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I agree with this. I agree with your observation that at micro-limits, there are a lot of people who will chase draws without outs, but doesn't that necessitate that you raise them to punish their draws?

[/ QUOTE ]The more I look at this hand, the more I think you're right. There is no reason (other than knowing the 3rd diamond is coming) not to bet heavy into the draw. Any single pair he has is beat, and 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif is the only hand he could be playing where he'd have two pair and still be drawing to the flush. Bottom two pair might bet similarly to this, but 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif probably doesn't call the PFR (unless this guy is REALLY loose).

So yeah, big raise on the turn, absolutely. This time it doesn't work out (if he calls), but I would agree it's the right play in general.