PDA

View Full Version : 50NL - "Nobody folds a full house."

CPHoya
04-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Villain is running at 27/13/2.3 over ~100 hands. I've seen him check-behind a flush he chased after paying me off on -EV odds on the flop and turn. I've stacked him before and think of him as a mark (if you're a 2+2er, sorry).

Two hands previous to this I ran one of those stupid fake-misclick-shove HUGE overbets on a JAA board with JJ, hoping he would call with a bare ace, but he tanked and folded. I think that hand motivated his play here.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $36.55
Hero: $58.60
CO: $50.20
Button: $91.85
SB: $73.25
BB: $85.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, CO calls, 3 folds.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($3.75, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($3.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2</font>, CO calls.

River: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif ($7.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises all-in $46.7</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $42.2 returned to CO.

Results:
Final pot: $16.75

As I see it in this hand I have to fold because: (a) I'm not ahead the ~50% of the time I need to be to make this call; (b) he's making the shove because of my earlier shove to goad me into calling his jacks full; (c) he could just be a total donkey and this is how he expects to get his big hands paid off.

Am I getting this wrong?

monkeymaps
04-25-2007, 01:55 PM
dont really know here without more data I mean this is a pretty good spot for an overbet for villian looking for a call but It doesnt sound like villian is thinking at that level. Doesnt look like how anyone would play a J and his most likely holding is a K IMO but I still have a tough time calling this cause Im a wuss.

Supwithbates
04-25-2007, 02:06 PM
even a horrible villain isn't doing this with a king.

this is a jack as often as it is the case nine, since its a big overbet I just fold

kolotoure
04-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Even awful villains never have a K here. As there is 1 9 and 2 jacks and we only split with a 9 it is a pretty easy fold

CazicT
04-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Did he know your overbet earlier was with a real hand or could he have thought you were "bullying" him out?

monkeymaps
04-25-2007, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Even awful villains never have a K here. As there is 1 9 and 2 jacks and we only split with a 9 it is a pretty easy fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Youre right I guess I get sucked in sometimes by the "no one would ever play this hand this way" syndrome sometimes prob best to just fold and look for a better spot agianst this villian.

CPHoya
04-25-2007, 02:22 PM
I think he thought I had air (I think he's awful and can't read at all) but couldn't make the call because of our history.

He'd have to be absolutely terrible to have anything other than a 9 or J. The more I think about it I have to fold, but he might have thought this was a good time to make a "big play" to "get me back," and have done this with air.

I can't bring myself to stack-off at low levels against an idiot on a hunch like that, but maybe there's a 20% chance that's what happened.

Pirelli
04-25-2007, 10:30 PM
I fold this without thinking.

Someone mentioned that no one plays a jack like this. I disagree, this is exactly how a lot of morons play a jack. Slowplay to the river then push.

wildzer0
04-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Fold is standard.He has taken this standard idiot line with a flopped full house, slowplay until he realize he's not going tk make much money and then panicpush

Jim14Qc
04-25-2007, 11:21 PM
funny history related to "no1 folds":

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh/))

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $49.50</font>
BB: $44.25
UTG: $56.70
BTN: $55.10

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (4 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, BTN calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.25, BB checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $2, BTN folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($6) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, UTG checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($6) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $47</font>, UTG calls $47

Pot Size: $100 ($2 Rake)

UTG had A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif (a full house, Tens full of Aces) and LOST (-$49.50)
Hero had T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (four of a kind, Tens) and WON (+$48.50)

that's tonight. Now, 2 days ago:

no action untill river almost. board is AAJJA, no preflop raise. Someone pots, one caller, back to me (I'd checked). I figure no1 beats the board, so I raise all-in (pot has about 15$), hoping to take it down. First bettor waits for a while, and decides to call. He shows QQ. /images/graemlins/frown.gif.