PDA

View Full Version : When to call all-in pre-flop at $5NL

MrWooster
04-25-2007, 06:12 AM
Hi,

I find this situation arises a lot at the $5NL I play because a lot of loose players loose half their stack and then tilt all in on anything to AJo.

I have lost a few stacks on this, so I guess I am doing something wrong, please advise.

For example:

I could be on button with 55 to TT or AKs, limped to me, I raise 4xBB, all fold but loose limper with half my stack goes all in. Anything below 55 I would fold, anything above TT I would call, but what about AKs and 55 to TT? If the player is very loose and slightly tilty, which hands would you call his all in with?

Also - how would you adapt your play if villan now has a full stack and would put you all in as well?

Thanks

Guy

Lordy
04-25-2007, 06:24 AM
Against half stacks or smaller that randomly shove over my PFR, I'm calling with 88+,AQo+

I do this at 50NL and I'm usually way ahead, so I'm guessing that at 5NL you're going to be ahead too. In my experience, they rarely play QQ+ like this.
You could probably come up with a wider range that is +EV, but it's going to increase variance quite a lot.

kabouter
04-25-2007, 07:11 AM
lordy321 on party? I got you as a winner over 1000hands at 100nl /images/graemlins/smile.gif