PDA

View Full Version : JJ against loose guy

YamiYugi
04-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $24.75
BB: $50.52
Hero (UTG): $27.55
MP: $34.45
CO: $22.80
BTN: $13.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt J J (6 Players)
Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, BTN raises to $4, 2 folds, Hero calls $3

Flop: ($8.35) 8 K K (2 Players)

Pot Size: $8.35

So hero, shoves, c-bets/fold if raised? Or what else?

prodonkey
04-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Well shoving isn't gonna get u much value if you're ahead.. AQ is gonna fold.. QQ may fold.. TT, 99 etc. So that's bad. I'd do what you'd do with AK here.. I'd prolly lead out for 5 and see what he does.

Ikaika
04-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Assuming a standard villain is reraising TT+, AQs+, and AK I don't think you're in great shape with this flop. You're ahead of TT and AQ and crushed by everything else.

Lead for ~5 and if he goes nuts you can fold comfortably.

Nick C
04-24-2007, 09:09 PM
I think the main consideration here is what the preflop 3-bet is likely to mean. Villain bumped it all the way to $4, and that indicates he likes his hand, but the 3-bet is less worrisome if Villain had been doing this with some frequency. But if it means his range is, say, AA-JJ and AK, then obviously you're in horrible shape on the flop. (I guess I'm saying that you didn't indicate how aggressive Villain is, and you can only really guess as to the best way to continue in the hand without knowing that.)

In any case, the biggest decision you need to make is, I think, whether or not you're committed to a showdown, getting a little under 2:1. Villain has just slightly over a pot-sized bet left on the flop, and his stack will probably be all-in at showdown if the hand gets that far.

On the flop, I would probably begin with a check. Villain will most likely feel he's committed with QQ anyway, so I doubt you have much folding equity, and I'd like to give him a chance to bet his TT or AQ or whatnot if that's all he's got.