PDA

View Full Version : good use of a read or FPS?

jt1
01-04-2006, 06:57 AM
Villain is loose passive

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (full ring, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, 4 folds, <font color="blue"> Hero raises </font> , 2 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.33 SB) 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="blue">Hero bets </font> , <font color="green">UTG raises </font> , Hero calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players)
<font color="green">UTG bets </font> , <font color="blue"> Hero raises </font> , UTG calls.

River: (8.66 BB) A /images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.66 BB

C-Dog
01-04-2006, 06:59 AM
Seems like you may have overplayed your QT to me.

Check behind seems OK, what are you putting him on here?

He CRs the flop, than bets out the turn, and he is a loose passive. I would think his hand was better than your QT before the river.

C-Dog

jt1
01-04-2006, 07:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would think his hand was better than your QT before the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was worried about KT, but didn't think I could fold top pair Queen kicker. I don't think there's any reason to make this play. It's unlikely that villain is on a draw and his 2 pair might re-raise me. I'd have folded to a 3-bet.

Jake (The Snake)
01-04-2006, 07:52 AM
Did you have any more numbers besides the loose/passive read?

I think there are a number of viable lines here based on exactly just how loose, passive, weak, etc. he is.

Chris Daddy Cool
01-04-2006, 09:30 AM
i would bet the river. he can so easily have a worse T here. even loose passives know how to raise TP on flops.

01-04-2006, 11:18 AM
I don't like it.

You seem to be very confident you are ahead when you wait with the raise to the big street. The board is ragged and he is likely to have top pair and sometimes a set. If he has top pair, you are beating some kickers and are beaten by some. If you had Ace kicker this line would be much better, but now you are behind if he limped with A or K kicker, and this makes much difference.

You would be much better off if you reraise the flop and go from there. If he caps the flop you are almost always behind and you will have a much easier turn decision than if he 3-bets the turn when you wait with the raise.

This is also not a spot for a free showdown play. If he reraises the turn you are getting about 1:10 with up to 5 outs if behind. Sure it's a fold, but you would wished that you would just have called down instead, sometimes beating his overplay and sometimes hitting an out.

And it's also harder for him to fold a hand you dominate like JT or T9 if you 3-bet the flop than if you raise the turn.

If you do decide you are ahead this guy often enough to raise the turn, you should also bet the river for value. There is no point of checking behind if you think you'r the favorite.

So i'd say it's much better to 3-bet the flop than wait with the raise.

gopnik
01-04-2006, 11:34 AM
I like betting the river here and folding to a c/r.

n.s.
01-04-2006, 03:18 PM
A loose passive player check-raises you on an almost completely drawless flop and leads the turn - I think you can assume you are behind here, often drawing dead to a set. You are getting ~3:1 effectives odds on calling down - with TPMK and probably 3 outs on average, I think you can just let it go.

Brash620
01-04-2006, 03:49 PM
You got check-raised by a loose passive... that shakes my confidence in your hand. Although im unsure about the stop and go

bobhalford
01-04-2006, 04:30 PM
I'm not a fan of this play either. I would fold pf, but that's just me. Isolating a loose passive UTG limper with QTo isn't all that hot. I think that when he raises the flop and bets the turn, you are beat, but can call down hoping he has a worse ten. Raising the turn I think is spewing. If he is passive, he might be the one calling down with QT, but not the one raising with it or a worse hand.